Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help Plaster Issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Help Plaster Issue

All-

There was a lot of issues with our plaster WetEdge Technologies Deep Blue Sea, before filling it looked bad and streaked see pic

Here is a video of the streaking:

Wetedge 2/16 bad finish on Vimeo

It looks worse in shade then bright sun. FWIW. Im brushing twice a day but don't see it helping. Im doing a low alk startup per pool builder but have little faith that will fix it.

I submitted a warranty claim with wet edge. Pool builder commented trowel by hand causes this like its normal.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Help Plaster Issue

Looks like a poor job with the acid wash. Was the pool pressure washed as well?

An acid startup will not likely fix those issues. I'd imagine their recommendation is to drain the water and redo the acid wash.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

3. Back To Top    #3

The builder is recommending today to do a low alk startup but I agree it's obvious not right. I think the pool should be drained an acid washed this is a serious bummer. The builder was pushing me off to wet edge who says it will work out over time naturally.

4. Back To Top    #4

Sad. I hope help comes your way!

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

I'm sorry! Hope they do it right! I have seen on here where a drain and new acid wash has fixed such issues. Hopefully they do that soon!
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

6. Back To Top    #6

It is best to allow the PB to try what he recommends as a remedy. That, at least, means that he is acknowledging the problem.
    If the low alk program is not successful, then other options can be tried.

You have documented the streaking with your post here on TFP. Nothing else you can do at the moment. But don't accept a long waiting period for the plaster color to improve somehow. Continue to demand a resolution and take notes on all conversations. Take pictures of all work conducted by PB.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by onBalance View Post
    It is best to allow the PB to try what he recommends as a remedy. That, at least, means that he is acknowledging the problem.
    If the low alk program is not successful, then other options can be tried.

You have documented the streaking with your post here on TFP. Nothing else you can do at the moment. But don't accept a long waiting period for the plaster color to improve somehow. Continue to demand a resolution and take notes on all conversations. Take pictures of all work conducted by PB.

Thanks this is good advice. The PB company is large but doesn't seem to be in a rush. They pushed me to WetEdge which I just got a sales person (who's in bed with our pool company owner doing 350 pools a year in Htown. WetEdge sales person stated overtime give it a year it will work out. I agree with you push for a swift resolution.

My wife is mad and wants it drained and reacid washed but she stated she doesn't want to pay to fill the pool the 2nd time.

Im disappointed because noone from the pool company was around during plaster and acid wash, now since they have the money there less eager to respond.

I contacted one attorney I used for a replat issue (I had to replat the subdivision to get my pool). He's up to speed and specializes in construction arbitration and on standby.

8. Back To Top    #8

Im hoping this will help someone. The result of the acid wash was positive. Within 10days it looked just about 100% better. I was real satisfied with it. I cant tell you how much acid per gallons was put in. Just happy it looks good.

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

A drain and acid wash was performed or the pH and TA were lowered with the water still in the pool?

Pictures or it never happened!
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

10. Back To Top    #10

No Acid Bath PH was lowered with water still in pool. I can take a video to demonstrate later. People all said a bath wouldn't work and it did. Just thought this was worth bringing up. Im not aware of a chemical besides Acid that went in. There was a bottle of spot remover that was added no idea of whats in that. Im just glad I'm happy.

Bigger fish to fry I've been shopping for big palms and working on landscaping and drains.

11. Back To Top    #11

I have a problem with my quartz plaster and would like to make sure I fully understand what you just wrote. Was your pool drained or not?? Thank you.
    pool 11-14,IG 16,500G 4ft to 6ft Quartz Tahoe Blue Pentair equip VS pump cartridge filter IC40 SWG Heat Pump Hayward Shark XL Robotic Eagle Point, Or

12. Back To Top    #12

The pool was not drained, they added acid to lower the PH.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

13. Back To Top    #13

Oh, I'm so happy to hear that they got it fixed...can't wait to see it!
    My renovation completed March 2016; 16 x 32 IG gunite play pool, ~14,000 gallons; Wet Edge Prism Matrix Indigo Blue; Pentair 5G Color LED Light w/controller; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP VSP; Hayward SwimClear C5030 cartridge filter; Hayward Swimpure Plus (Aqua Rite) salt chlorinator system with T-15 cell; Maytronics Dolphin Deluxe 4 DX4 robot cleaner.

14. Back To Top    #14

Yeah I will post pictures but I'm doing a huge landscaping project to finish. I'm going to have pictures then and a write up on cost, how I avoided cost and lessons learned.

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by badcrc View Post
    Yeah I will post pictures but I'm doing a huge landscaping project to finish. I'm going to have pictures then and a write up on cost, how I avoided cost and lessons learned.
    Glad it worked out. Looking forward to your write up
    2016 Build: 32x8 Gunite, 6,700 gallon IG pool including 6x8 spa and 6x8 tanning ledge w/ 2 bubblers. 32' raised wall with two sheer descent water features. Travertine Coping w/ split faced Travertine on raised wall face. 2HP VS Jandy pump, 400k heater, Rainbow Chlorinator, 4 Colored LED Lights. 459sqft spray deck plus. IAqualink remote, Polarus 9350 Robot Cleaner.