Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Outdoor kitchen framing materials

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Outdoor kitchen framing materials

Hi all,

Have been talking to various builders, and some swear by steel, some swear by cinder blocks, and one tonight swore by using wood for the framing for my outdoor kitchen (with proper hardiboard, Tyvek, etc). Is wood a code acceptable thing to use on an ODK? He insists his kitchens pass all necessary inspections and wood provides more flexibility if you want to make changes, and etc.
    13,500 gal with sheer descents, pebblesheen, travertine coping, fire bowls, Pentair all around including remote and automation, chlorinator, borates, raised 7x7 spa in Cypress, TX.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Outdoor kitchen framing materials

Wood is generally code compliant as framing for outdoor kitchens with one exception. It can't be in contact with (or even near) a grill. Wood has numerous other problems. It can't generally be exposed to water. It doesn't do well with humidity and it burns.

Most wood framed odd are well undercover.

Ask to see a wood framed kitchen this guy built five years ago.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Our cabinets are all wood but we are completely covered. We did line the grill insert with cement board though.
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

4. Back To Top    #4

Check this out... Thoughts?

http://www.eldoradooutdoor.com/
    Completed 38'X21' IG Free form pool approx 18.5K gallons, sports pool w/spa and tanning shelf 3.5-5.5 ft. Jandy Cartridge Filter, Jandy stealth pumps, Jandy LXi Heater, I aqualink, Inline chlorinator. Click to see My Pool Build

5. Back To Top    #5

I talked to eldorado..there pretty costly. I have been trying to get BBQcoach to reply to me. Ive sent them my designs a few times with no response. All i want is this plan reversed..

The Scottsdale L Outdoor kitchen plan (109.5 x 115.25)

Has anyone tried BBQcoach?

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by john94si View Post
    I talked to eldorado..there pretty costly. I have been trying to get BBQcoach to reply to me. Ive sent them my designs a few times with no response. All i want is this plan reversed..

The Scottsdale L Outdoor kitchen plan (109.5 x 115.25)

Has anyone tried BBQcoach?
    No response to me either. Business must be very good. lol
    10,965 Gallons IG Aqua Pearl Finish pool, Pentair C&C RP 200 Sq Ft, Pentair Intelliflow VS Pump
    Opened 03/27/2015, TF-100 Test Kit, Spa, Double Flagstone Spillover, Pentair IC40 SWG, Pentair 125K Heat Pump

7. Back To Top    #7

Wow I'm sure I could buy all that at my local building supply for less than One third that price.

Bbq coach hidden bar supports 15.00

Home Depot Simpson strong tie 12 inch L. $6.30

Go figure
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

8. Back To Top    #8

We used aluminum framing, with Hardiboard Lite to close in the frame. Nothing flammable in our build...