Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Zodiac LM2-24

1. Back To Top    #1

Elk Grove/CA

Zodiac LM2-24

I need some opinions on my Zodiac LM2-24. I have had it for over ten years and apparently the cell has finally quit. No chlorine output at all. I can see areas where the plates are eaten away in the corners. In reading other posts, it appears that I was lucky to get ten years out of it. I have attached some pictures.

The replacement cell is in the order of $360. So the question is whether to go with the replacement cell or upgrade to a new unit? It would be convenient to go with a replacement cell. The only other issue with the LM2-24 is that towards the end it was always saying add salt, which was erroneous as I checked the ppm with a salt gage and it was fine. I just assumed this was due to the failing cell. Is this a fair assumption? Thanks for your thoughts in advance.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Anthem, AZ

Re: Zodiac LM2-24

10 years? i'm no expert and know nothing about it but common sense says go back with what worked for you.
    19K IG Pebbletec with attached spa. 60sqft Cartridge filter, Intelliflow VS, 399k BTU Gas Heater, Pentair IC40. Phoenix, AZ, full sun.