Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thoughts on hot tub interior

1. Back To Top    #1

China Spring, Tx

Thoughts on hot tub interior

I'm interested in hearing feedback regarding the interior finishes of hot tubs and what the common choices are. (7x7-bench seating on 3 sides)

Has anyone used Pebble Sheen on the floor and bench? Is it comfortable to sit on?

Extend the tile down the wall and cover the bench? Tile the whole interior?

Thanks in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2

Sugar Land , TX

Re: Thoughts on hot tub interior

That is exactly what I have ( 100% coverage ). Comfortable to sit on but you would not want to just slide back and forth in one spot! I would not extend tile to cover bench, probably would be a slip hazard.
    8500 gallon IG Pebble Sheen with Spa. 3hp Pentair VS Intelliflo ( pool ), 3/4 hp WhisperFlo ( water feature ),Pentair Racer, 400K Pentair heater, Pentair 500sqft Cartridge filter, EasyTouch 8, Stenner 45mp2 15gallon wired to ET8

3. Back To Top    #3

We have 100% pebble sheen coverage in our spa except for the 6" tile at the top border. We had an older gentleman that did the hot tub and his job was smoother than some other spots in our pool done by other crew members. Make sure you get the A Team member doing the spa which in our case turned out nice and smooth.
    Inground 22k gallon gunite 15x31 main pool, 15x7 wading pool/sunning deck, hot tub/with overflow (9' octagon with limestone top) & slide NSWG, Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen
    Filter dual cartridge Sta-rite 450sq/ft, TF-100 Test Kit
    Heater Raypak 2100 400k btu cupro-nickel exchanger
    Auto pool cover, Polaris 280 auto pool cleaner, Jandy AqualinkRS8 Remote Control System

4. Back To Top    #4

Woodland Hills, CA

My Dad did his whole spa (approx 7' round) in 1x1 tiles and the main pool in PebbleTec. The spa tile matches the waterline tile.
    I like it so much, I'm going to extend the waterline tile down to the top of the bench in my spa.
    O/B 12x30 inground with 6x6 10-jet spa, 10,500gal, All Jandy: 400k heater, 2.7 HP VS pump, 1.5HP spa pump, SWG, Intellelink controls (4) LED lights, cartridge filter and BlueSquare infloor cleaning. Broke ground 2/18/2016, completed 8/16/2016. TFT 100 kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

katy. tx

my last home hot tub had exactly the same as the pool in that it was white plaster with waterline tile only.

had no issues with it at all, benches were smooth for siting with just a little grip for getting in and out.