Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is it important for the cover to take him off every day.

1. Back To Top    #1

Is it important for the cover to take him off every day.

Is it important for the cover to take him off every day.

When i take off the cover then there is water comming from the zipper (rits)

My cover has a
    insulation with some plastic, and then the outside cover is there.
    My spa is 225 gallon (ca 900 ltr)
    Factory is Caldera
    Above ground
    6 months old now.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is it important for the cover to take him off every day.

Covers are used and removed for several reasons. Some people have solar covers and try not to pull the cover off so the water will stay warm. For those who use regular covers to keep leaves and debris off of the water, they may leave it on as much as possible which will help save FC (chlorine) on a sunny day. Some may remove the cover as part of their routine when testing the water or just when vacuuming. For those who are still in very cold climates and have winterized (closed) their pool, they may not remove the cover at all until spring. Allowing the pool water to "breathe" by pulling-back the cover is not a bad thing, and the sun's UV light will help to remove any CC (combined chlorine). But your climate and purpose for the cover may be the deciding factor.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!