Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Maintenace

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Maintenace

It has been several months since I have cleaned my pool, planned doing it myself
    Just done with the draining part of it and gave a start with the cleaning but then not able to complete it as it is not easy to completely remove these algae from the floor. I guess it needs the help of certain equipment's to completely remove them off. Hope some profesional in town can help me doing this.
    My friend has suggested me ferrari pools.
    I have also heard about certain other professionals like Paradise pools, Albatrosspools, etc. Have u guys called any of them ?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: Pool Maintenace

We here a TFP care of our own pools and maintain them ourselves.
    If you have algae, then the chlorine and likely also the CYA levels are not being kept at proper levels.

My recommendation is to read these articles. They will be of help in understand the cause of the algae and how to remove it.
    Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    Pool School - Recommended Levels
    Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

HI! We can help you take care of your own pool for much cheaper and easier than any pool service.

The first thing you need to do is a get a good test kit. With that our pool maintenance will be a breeze! Look in my siggy below to find the link to the test kit we use and love.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    South-Central Texas, Marion/San Antonio

Hello and welcome to TFP. As Divin Dave mentioned, we are a Do-it-Yourself crowd as much as possible, especially when taking care of the water chemistry. Once you have the proper test kit, you will know exactly what the water readings are and can treat the water with normal, everyday household chemicals like bleach, soda wash, baking soda, etc. The links to pages Dave gave you are fantastic. Most importantly though, you'll need to right test kit, and I believe in Canada you can only get the Taylor K-2006. Check with some of your fellow Canadians for a source, but that's the one we would recommend. Good luck, and let us know if you have any more questions.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Northern IL

Is the pool still drained?
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006.