Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool recommendation

1. Back To Top    #1

Egg Harbor Twp

Re: Pool recommendation and SWG or not?

Hello all! I am new to this site as well (Just joined today). I joined because I am in the same predicament a jeryatrix. I am in the market for an oval pool (approx. 32' x 18') that can be semi submerged approx. 24". A local installer is trying to sell me the Grecian Radiant Pool in those approx. dimensions. Installed soup to nuts with SWG and Hayward pump/filter, I'm looking at like $13,500. According to him, it has a lifetime non-prorated warranty and it will be the ONLY pool I will need for 20+ years. If that's accurate, then I would consider taking the plunge. Another local dealer recommended a Buster Crabbe 30'x15' installed soup to nuts with same SWG, pump, and filter mentioned above for $10 g's.
    Ultimately, here is my question. Does anyone recommend any other oval pools that won't break the bank? Thanks all!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool recommendation

Welcome to the forum! I have also looked into several partially in ground pools ( sloped yard). I was looking at these
    Riviera Hybrid. The above-ground OR in-ground fiberglass pool.The cost-efficient way to own a Riviera Fiberglass Pool.
    and Viking supposedly can and reinforced area above but not sure cost yet, assuming a lot.
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW PA

Radiant pools are rated for burial. He is right, you'll never buy another pool. Most oval pools cost more than round. If you are bent on burial, check out Dough Boy pools too.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

4. Back To Top    #4
    Denton, TX

I agree with Casey. I have a Dough Boy that is partially buried and I absolutely love it, they are definitely worth adding to your list of considerations in my humble opinion.
    18 X 34 AGP 7ft deep end, 22,300 gallons. 250lb sand filter, 2 speed 1.5 hp pump. TF-100 Test Kit.

5. Back To Top    #5

Northern NJ

harpnstout - i see you are in egg harbor township - i assume thats NJ? I am north of you in the "more urban" area of Passaic county - 13-14k installed around here is an amazing deal for that pool. I went freeform 16/27 last summer and the cheapest quote I got from a local guy (installed 18" out) was north of your quote by 3-4k - maybe more and that didnt include hard/landscaping.

6. Back To Top    #6

Long Island, NY

For comparison, I had a 12x20 Doughboy installed (Long Island) for $10K. This included the pool, filtration, all electrical (bonding and supply to panel in the house with 40 amp 220v for the heat pump, manual disconnects, 120v power for the pump and two courtesy outlets), excavation and removal of dirt, blocks and sand. If going oval, try to look for something that is buttress free and RATED by the company for burial.
    Doughboy 12' x 20' Saphire semi-AG, Installed 2012
    Waterway 1.5 HP 2 speed, 100 sqft cartridge filter
    Aprox 7000 Gal, Full sun, 85K heat pump,
    TF-100 test kit