leaking DE filter housing

My DE filter housing has been leaking after I put back together after my last backwash/filter cleaning. Twice a year, i normally take the filter out, wash off the cartridges, put everything back together and tighten that clamp that keeps the top housing and bottom housing together. Not sure what that type of clamp is called, but after i turn the pump back on, etc and everything is working fine, there is normally some leakage between those housing halves. once I put my DE back in the skimmer and wait a day or so, the leak normally stops. This time i cant get the leak to stop, its not a big leak, but just keeps dripping, keeping my cement pad wet. I have never lubricated that big o-ring, but I have cleaned it off a couple times. Do I need to lubricate with anything to help it seal ? I hate to tighten that clamp anymore, i am afraid i might break the housing if to tight. the equipment is about 6-7 yrs old. Thanks for any suggestions you might have...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.