HOWDY! from southern New Mexico.

Have owned AG pools for the last 6-7 years, upgrading in size each year as the kids have grown bigger. Current pool for last season and this season is an Intex SF 18x48.
Upgraded the pool last season with skimmer from previous pool and a saltwater chlorine generator. This winter I upgraded to a 3000gph sand filter, added new wall fittings for better intake and vacuuming purposes and upgraded the skimmer with a washable screen filter, removed the worn out little pump on the bottom of it and installed the conversion adapter to run the 2500gpm pump that came with the pool. It's pretty windy/ dusty as the seasons change where I live so running the skimmer filtration 24/7 is a must. I am using the thin soft hoses that came with everything for now seems as they are all new but will soon be hard plumbing with PVC, adding fountain with solar heating panels and building a multi level deck around the pool and a nice closed in or covered space for the filtration system. Came to this site after looking for ideas online and on youtube, was forced by extreme curiosity to sign up on here to see the peeectures! Glad this place is here, have already found tons of useful information and knowledge and looking forward to reading more... thanks for having me!

You have already done so much! You know we would love to see pictures of YOUR pool and set up!

I bet the kids LOVE the pool and sleep real good after a fun day of swimming!

Kim

Indeed. I will post up some pics as soon as we start building the deck and get the hard plumbing done.

Welcome to TFP! Sounds like a great pool set up. Tell us more about deep fried lizard. Is it tasty? :)

More here on adding your pool info to your sig, Pool School - Read This Before You Post

For once it doesn't taste like chicken although some say it takes an acquired taste to the likes of wild turkey...

Deep fried lizard.... hmmmm I think I'd try it! LOL

And welcome to the best pool forum on the www!