Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jets jets and more jets...

1. Back To Top    #1

Jets jets and more jets...

Back wall in deepend. The three capped PVC pipes on the deck in the rocks were about 15 inches high connected to a air filter, all positioned under the diving board my insurance company made me take out. Each set of 4 jets has its own control valve at the pumping station. my signature has what I'm putting in, this week. Anybody want to take a stab at why you would but 8 jets so close to each other on a 40ft pool???image.jpg
    47k, 40x20 IG plaster,SWG, 24 jets, 3HP Pentair Whisperflo 2 speed,Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter36" Tank S360T2 TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jets jets and more jets...

Ready for take-off! No doubt where that water will be going.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Resistance swimming.....
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

4. Back To Top    #4

A swim jet set up? Is there a or some pumps that could push enough water through those to make a wave as in a wave machine? Just throwing out ideas to see what might help.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Resistance swimming/ Wave never came across my mind. Great thought... With The prior pump and sand filter, hardly any water came out when turned on, do you think it may because I capped those top PVC pipes??
    47k, 40x20 IG plaster,SWG, 24 jets, 3HP Pentair Whisperflo 2 speed,Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter36" Tank S360T2 TF-100

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

They need to have air to suck in and create the flow. Either pull a cap or drill an air hole in a one and see what happens. I bet you'll be surprised.
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303 View Post
    They need to have air to suck in and create the flow. Either pull a cap or drill an air hole in a one and see what happens. I bet you'll be surprised.
    I'm putting the pump station together with new pump and filter next weekend...Ill let you know what happens..Im excited to find out!!!

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Jets to break the surface tension for divers. I'll bet someone was a competitive diver.
    Mike F.

15' Above Ground Sharkline Matrix, Vinyl, 6,000 gal. Hayward XStream Cartridge Filter. TFT 50 Test Kit. Install 7/2014
    Raypack 150k BTU Natural Gas Heater installed 6-2016

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by MJF54 View Post
    Jets to break the surface tension for divers. I'll bet someone was a competitive diver.
    I finished rebuilding my pumping station. The 3hp Pentair pushes all 24 jets really good...The 8 jets on the back wall push a lot of water but not enough for resistance swimming ( bummed)... But it all makes since now.....the diving board I took out although very old was a spring board. It never crossed my mind......in the world of pool ownership, you can learn something everyday!!!!

10. Back To Top    #10

How come they made you take the board out? Did they say you'll pay higher rates, or zero coverage if you left it in place?

And, really, to break surface tension? Oh wait, I think I get it. So if the caps were removed you'd have bubbles like a spa, breaking the surface tension....
    My Pool: Guessing; 7,500g total, has a spa. WhisperFlo WFE-28 single speed, MiniMax NT 400 heater, Pentair Cart. CCP320.
    BIL pool: 16,000 total water, (650g spa). 3hp InteliFlo VS, Hayward heater (unsure of BTU), Hayward DE6000. full drain/refill on Nov. 25th, running BBB.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Summoner12 View Post
    How come they made you take the board out? Did they say you'll pay higher rates, or zero coverage if you left it in place?

And, really, to break surface tension? Oh wait, I think I get it. So if the caps were removed you'd have bubbles like a spa, breaking the surface tension....
    Insurance company made me take it out, long story.... An added bonus I noticed yesterday any leaves or anything, its gets pushed to the shallow end very quickly.

12. Back To Top    #12

Is that your pet iguana or a wild one basking in the sun?
    15x54 swim & play vinyl metal wall AG
    Hayward S210T sand filter 1.5 HP Pentair Superflo vs
    Rheem raypak 130,000 BTU mv ng
    Jacuzzi 345 whirlpool bath
    TF-100 test kit, HM digital com100 Wanda the Whale

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by banditig View Post
    Is that your pet iguana or a wild one basking in the sun?
    HAHA...its just plastic. Normally it sits on top of my privacy fence above all of my blueberry plants....Helps keep the birds from stealing my blueberries...However the black cat you see, knocks him down all the time....its turned into a game..

14. Back To Top    #14

I see the game now..............Kitty "Ha Dad put my toy back up for me! I MUST go knock it back down NOW!"

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    I see the game now..............Kitty "Ha Dad put my toy back up for me! I MUST go knock it back down NOW!"

Kim
    EXACTLY...about 30 seconds after I put it back up