Wichita Falls, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I've had my pool approximately five years and out of that five years I've replaced my cell three times but only once I've had to pay for it. It's a Jandy aqua pure 1400 and now it's back to throwing error code 120 and 121. It should be under warranty but in case it's not would you recommend going with another salt cell system would I get better reliability out of it. I have the aqua link PDA system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those error codes indicate there is something wrong with the cell or DC power cable to the cell. Inspect the cord and cell to make sure they are clean. If those are in good shape then the cell might need to be replaced.

Jandy cells are good quality and usually don't have very many issues. The sensors were the liability with the Jandy SWG's, but they have fixed that issue with the newest style of sensor.

Since you have Jandy automation I would stay with Jandy and I would make sure everything is setup properly.

It could be a trisensor error. If the salt or temperature readings are wrong, then the box would be expecting a different current (amps) than it is measuring. What are the actual salt and temperature levels and what are you getting on the box?

I am in north Texas the water temp was 52 and the salt was 2.5 going to bring it up today and see if that helps. The cell is exactly one year old and I'm going to clean it today and see if that helps. The cord should be the correct one as I saw him replace it this time last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The low water temperature and the low salt could each cause the problem. Wait for the water to get above 60 Fahrenheit and get the salt to 3200 to 3400 ppm. I recommend that you get the Taylor salt test to make sure that your box salt reading is accurate. Also, keep a thermometer in the pool to check the accuracy of the water temperature reading on the box.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.