Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What's the correct filter size?

1. Back To Top    #1

North Aurora/ IL

What's the correct filter size?

We got a pool last year and used the filter/pump that came with it intex 530. Its a round popup pool by Intex 12ft diameter x 3 feet deep. The filter did an okay job but I would like to get a bigger filter to help clean the water better. What would you recommend? Is it possible to get too big of a filter? I would like something that will move the water and clean it well. Last year, it didn't seem like you could really tell the water was pumping thru the filter, but I know it was, it was just not very powerful.

Recommendations for a filter/pump for this size pool.

Thanks! would like to have everything ready before pool season starts here in the Midwest so we're not scrambling at the last minute.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: What's the correct filter size?

as we all say, the bigger the filter the better. It means more lapsed time between having to clean it.

You might look at something like the Intex Krystal Clear 12 inch sand filter and pump system. It would probably work with your pool.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!