New swamp (hopefully pool again) owner

42a9233532cb33a19c4365440b6c136f.jpg

Was even able to get a fuzzy picture of the dolphin.
Today's numbers, prior to doing any chlorine for the day.
TC 1
FC 1
CC 0
pH 7.5
TA 80
CH 250
CYA 0
TDS 1300.

While I will agree I am exited about getting the pool together I will admit the bigger thing driving my push this week is more that I have the time to baby (and bully as needed) it this week since I am off work a few more days. Good news is I think that goal is achievable.

Thanks for all your help,
Matt

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

f208e71d9b38edeff88eae32a1ec591f.jpg

Well I have most of the old stuff off the bottom. It is looking more like a cloudy pool now. The swamp days are getting more distant. According to my package tracking they expect to deliver my test kit on Friday, then we can get down to the business of fine tuning.

Yeah and if you miss mortgage payments all of that hard work will be gone so..........guess you better go back to earning for the pool LOL

Okay so here is your plan for when you are at work:

-Coffee started then test and add as needed

-Come home, kick off your shoes then test and add as needed

-start dinner, test and add as needed

-get ready for bed, test and add as needed.

It will take a little longer but it will work. This is the time your will be glad you are taking pictures to see the progress.

Kim

Not as worried about the testing as I am hoping I can have it cleaned up enough that it can run for 9 hours without plugging up. Guess if it comes to it I can run without the filter. I think I am getting close, I think I am up to about 3 hours at the moment through the pool drains.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
533be078cd7b02f9d3fcd4b436e2801d.jpg

Moving right along. I can see the pool dolphins enough to tell they have lighter blue eyes and I can make out the main drain right in the center of the pool. It is about 3.5 feet deep at the edges and 4.5 feet in the middle about 1 foot from the edge, not sure yet how deep it is at the main drain.
I will need to let things circulate for a bit before I can test since I added a few inches of water after another drain to waste this morning.

Yeah, been keeping tabs with a 6 in 1 test strip and a couple trips to pinch a penny. Good thing is the PAP guys have mostly given the same advice, straight chlorine and muck it out. One guy wanted me to buy some yellow something or nother, but I didn't. The one nice thing about the chlorine is it got me to cloudy fairly quick so I was at least able to see what I was doing with the leaf rake to get the gunk out. So while I probably didn't need to spend that money, I think it made a difference on how fast I was able to clear it up.

OK numbers from my test kit (note end of the day nothing added yet today):
Cl .5
PH 7.5
Fc .5
Cc 1
Tc 1.5 (looks like that was just add fc and cc)
CH 225
Ta 60
Cya 0

FYI I took 1 pellet of stabilizer and mixed it in and was still able to see the black dot when filled but it was more cloudy.

Lets take this one at a time. Here is a link to show you what your levels should be. Print this out and keep it by your test kit:

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Here is the link to how to do a SLAM now that you have the test kit to really hit it!

Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

You will notice your FC is low.

Oh your pool surface is plaster. Lets add that to your siggy please.

"one pellet of stablilizer"??? Explain please. what is a pellet?............It takes about a week for powder CYA to show up in the test after it is added.

So it looks like your pool is drinking FC. Now you should get FC up and keep it up as much as possible. If you will be away from the pool for a little while shot for a little over SLAM level . The main thing in the SLAM is to Maintain the FC level at SLAM level. At first it might take testing and adding chlorine every hour :( BUT it will slow down as you start beating back the algae.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.