New IntelliFlo 2 install - OK??

murpho

Feb 12, 2016
Clovis, CA
I just had a local pool service install a new IntelliFlo 2 VST to replace my old 1.5 hp single speed. I noticed the manual says it should have a 10 inch straight run in front of the suction inlet. This will help thepump prime faster and last longer. It was installed with only about an 8 inch run in and it is not really straight (in order to adjust to the higher inlet on the new pump).

What do you think? Is it good enough? It seems to prime quickly, but I'm more worried about the comment that it will "last longer" with the proper length (straight) run in pipe.
I put a larger pic here: temp photos - Frank's Home Page.

Thanks!
Frank

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 51
The 10" length of pipe rule (5X the diameter of the pipe) really doesn't apply to a pump with a pump basket. The rule is more for pumps that are fed directly to the eye of the impeller where turbulence would certainly hamper performance.

Your install is fine.

Yep, I think it is fine also. Mine only has a few inches between the valve and basket, it has worked flawlessly for 3-1/2 years. There are a couple of pics of the equipment pad in my build thread, link in sig.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.