Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquidator installed In Full sun

1. Back To Top    #1

Newington, Connecticut

Liquidator installed In Full sun

Has anyone had any known issues with installing the liquidator in full sun. The instructions say not to install in full sun, however all my pool equipment is in full sun on the south side of my home. I guess I could put a piece of plywood over it to shade the tank. Don't know if extending the tubing would effect the operation of the system.
    16'x34' Kidney 17000 Gallon IG Vinyl liner. Pentair IntelliXF vs pump, Sta-Rite System 3 DE filter. Liquidator, TF-100 Test kit w/ speed stir. Aqua Comfort heat pump, Dolphin Apollo robot, clear solar cover, stamped concrete deck.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Liquidator installed In Full sun

No hands-on experience with a Liquidator but I can say for sure that heat & light (UV) exposure will cause bleach to degrade faster and lose its effectiveness. So the installation warning is probably based on keeping it cooler by not having it in direct sunlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3
    Northern IL

Chlorine's effective strength/concentration will be reduced with exposure to heat/sun. I'm not sure about tubing, but shading sounds like a plan.
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

put a piece of plywood over it to shade the tank
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School