New pool build in CA

I love that coping! What will you be using as a patio?

Kim
Most likely gray concrete with a salt finish and a brushed apron. Stamped would be great but not at twice the price. Going to have roughly 1,600-2,000 sqft of patio. The picture below gives a rough look, we will only have three steps down to the deck and the concrete will wrap around to the front of the house. Might also add patio on the back side of the pool too.

84398a1c0e0da6407c6927b6453f87aa.jpg

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

You said you don't know how many gallons, it might be a good idea to ask the builder or use one of the many volume calculators that are available and see if the estimated volume is inline with the SWG cell you are getting. I don't think I have ever seen a post about a cell that is to large but there are quite a few that were under sized leading to either having to add CL or at the least longer pump run times to keep the production at an acceptable level.

When it is time to fill if your water is metered taking a reading before and after the fill so you can get the real volume. I say real volume because the builders and online calculators use averaging, I was told by the builder my pool would be 15,500 gal not all that different than I got online, problem was the Baja shelf was not take into account, real volume came in at just over 12,000. If you are not metered you can time the fill and then do a bucket test. See how long it takes to fill a 5 gallon bucket with the hose you used to fill the pool and divide the pool fill time by the bucket time and multiply by 5 gallons. Knowing the true volume form the start can make chemical management much easier. No matter what the volume over time you will get a feel for how the pool will react to each addition.
So according to the plans for the pool it estimates 25,000 gallons. With the addition of the hot tub and the small changes to the deep end I would estimate roughly 26,000-27,000 gallons.

You are going to want at lease an IC40 cell and if that is what they are providing ask about upgrading to an IC60. Bigger truly is better and the price from one level to the next is usually $200 to $300. I would think the increase could be recouped in longer cell life and shorter pump run time. I did not get an SWG, I opted for Stenner instead so hopefully someone more familiar with them will chime in but I believe that the lbs/per day ratings of a cell assume a run time of 24hrs so depending on how much you plan on running your pump you should size accordingly.

I was looking at the pictures thinking, "wow, that looks just like Sonora." I am in Sonora too, over in Apple Valley. I will be looking to get my pool resurfaced in the somewhat near future, have you been happy so far with who you have?

I was looking at the pictures thinking, "wow, that looks just like Sonora." I am in Sonora too, over in Apple Valley. I will be looking to get my pool resurfaced in the somewhat near future, have you been happy so far with who you have?
Wow small world, the hills that we look at from our backyard is Apple Valley!

Burketts does great work and they specialize in remodeling. My assistant had them resurface her pool 4 years ago and she loves it.

So we were expecting the rest of the quartzite and waterfall boulders to be delivered today but no show. Hopefully it shows up tomorrow so they can finish the dry set of the stone and start on the waterfall Friday. Also got the bid back for the planter box so have to get that started ASAP. Before that starts though we need a bunch of dirt to finish the grading, maybe 10-20 truck loads. Supposed to have another week or 2 of clear weather before El Nino returns, could be delayed roughly 3-4 weeks if the weather pattern holds out. Actually a slight delay might be nice so we can spend more time deciding on pebble color, lol! I'll post updated pictures tomorrow when the sun is shinning.

On a positive note, my test kit arrived today!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You are going to want at lease an IC40 cell and if that is what they are providing ask about upgrading to an IC60. Bigger truly is better and the price from one level to the next is usually $200 to $300. I would think the increase could be recouped in longer cell life and shorter pump run time. I did not get an SWG, I opted for Stenner instead so hopefully someone more familiar with them will chime in but I believe that the lbs/per day ratings of a cell assume a run time of 24hrs so depending on how much you plan on running your pump you should size accordingly.
So the SWG is the ic40 and the sand filter is a tr100.

So frustrating......tile and rock guys were supposed to be here today finishing up all the rock work and starting on the waterfall. BUT once again the rock company did not deliver. Our PB went to the yard and got a story of how they simply forgot to set up the delivery and that now we are looking at Friday or Monday for delivery (should have been delivered 2 1/2 weeks ago). So now it looks like we will be delayed at least 1 more week if not more because more rain is on its way. Just want to see some progress.......

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.