No circulation, water not pumping.

Tedb

Jun 30, 2014
Central Florida
The pump is running. I have tried setting it to the skimmer, vacuum, and both. The skimmer basket at the pool and the basket at the pump are empty and there are no visible obstructions. I came home to see this. I turned the pump off and opened the basket at the pump. There was water inside, but the water was very warm. There is no heater for the pool, the pool water is pretty cold. Any ideas?

It sounds like the pump lost prime for some reason. Have you tried repriming it? Stick a hose in the basket until it overflows or fill it with a bucket and see what happens.

I turned the pump off and opened the basket at the pump. There was water inside, but the water was very warm.

I have seen large pumps get almost to the boiling point....when the output was blocked and the pump continued to impart energy to the water.... so that may be it, but let's try the easy stuff, first.

First, I would ensure that you have the pump basket full of water, with a water hose.... in case it is simply a matter of losing prime. (Hmmmmm....why would it lose prime?) Pumping to waste might be a way to eliminate back pressure. If you can pump to waste, see if you can pump through the filter. Watch for air in the pump basket.....

Let us know how the troubleshooting proceeds......

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.