Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 3900 Wheels slipping on plaster

1. Back To Top    #1

Kenner, la

Polaris 3900 Wheels slipping on plaster

I have a 12 year old pool that has a regular white plaster finish. My Polaris 3900 slips and gets stuck with the wheels turning on the steps, or up against the steps without climbing over them. I put new wheels on the Polaris, but no help. Sometimes it will just sit in one place until it reverses, then starts slipping again in another spot. Does anyone know how to get more traction against the plaster? Does anyone make "snow" tires for a Polaris??
    Thanks for your comments.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 3900 Wheels slipping on plaster

Hey TLD,

One of our Polaris owners will be along to help answer this better than I.

Welcome to TFP, and enjoy your time in the forums.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Central Valley CA

To some degree you can reduce the pressure to the tail with the set screw near the tail, that will increase the water pressure of the jets to the bag and by extension hold the unit down to the floor and walls. You want the tail to gently sweep back and forth if it is not moving back and forth you turned it down too much.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, built Oct 2015, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, 10GPDStenner for chlorine, 3GPD Stenner for MA, TF-100.

4. Back To Top    #4

Mine has a movable nozzle on the back. If yours has one, perhaps you can point it in a different direction. Mine gets stuck occasionally but that is why the reverser is there.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.