Leaf stains in fiberglass

I am a new pool owner. Installed last summer. I was out of town for several weeks and robot was not turned on apparently. Long story short a good bit of leaves sat in pool and now brown stains where they were sitting. What is best way to knock these out? Thanks so much for any help!!

Just another shout-out to say welcome to TFP. :wave: Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. Glad to have you with us.

OK thanks for the info. Is there a specific range i should aim for? Embarrassed to say I only tested the water twice last year(pool store). I am buying a kit this week. Glad I found this site. I had no idea there was so much to pool maintenance, chemistry, etc.... I will work on getting pool info and equipment added to signature as well as test results. Thanks

OK thanks for the info. Is there a specific range i should aim for? Embarrassed to say I only tested the water twice last year(pool store). I am buying a kit this week. Glad I found this site. I had no idea there was so much to pool maintenance, chemistry, etc.... I will work on getting pool info and equipment added to signature as well as test results. Thanks

No worries! We were all new to this once. It isn't nearly as complicated as it seems at first. It can seem overwhelming but once you dive in and start testing and understanding what you are doing it is really very simple. Once you get a test kit post your results and we can help from there. Once we know your CYA level we can advise an appropriate chlorine level.

Ok so finally getting the pool uncovered and tested my water.
Is it possible to have a FC of 0 and my SWG readout is 3200 (high side of normal)
ph 7.2
CYA was off the scale of my kit? water was clear?
total alk 80ppm
CA hardness of 20ppm?
Thanks for any advice!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Turn off your SWG when you are SLAMing and when you perform an OCLT. Yes, use plain bleach no splashless, no scented, no outdoor. Wal-Mart generic is a great value.

Your test kit is limited and doesn't have the FAS-DPD chlorine test. You can order one from here: TFTestkits.net

You mentioned that your CYA is off the charts... did the black dot never disappear? If so, you don't have any CYA and your SWG needs CYA to be efficient. First, do the OCLT with a FC of 10 if your CYA is indeed zero. I always like to OCLT at SLAM levels, this way if you need to SLAM you have already started the process.

If you do NOT pass the OCLT, you should add enough stabilizer to get your CYA to 30. Use pool math to determine the amount of stabilizer and SLAM with FC of 12.

If you pass the OCLT, you should add enough stabilizer to get your CYA to 70. Add 1/2 the amount listed in Pool Math at a time. Retest CYA a days or two after it has been dissolved to confirm that you are halfway to 70... you don't want to overshoot CYA. Add the other half of the stabilizer to get to a target of 70.

Please update your signature as the details are very important in giving you the appropriate information so we can help you more efficiently. Different set ups require different advice.

why do I need a new kit. I can test FC?

Yes the black dot never disappeared. Water remained clear. Ok so I'm going to Walmart to get some bleach and pool store to grab some stabilizer. Do I also need to bring up my ph of 7.2?

At what FC level is it not safe to swim? Assuming I should wait to start this after holiday wk end?

why do I need a new kit. I can test FC?
The K-2005 won't test FC over 5 which is what you need to perform the SLAM. The FAS-DPD portion will do that accurately.
Yes the black dot never disappeared. Water remained clear.
So just add that granular stabilizer to a white sock and drop in the skimmer or hang near a return jet. Squeeze it occasionally.
Do I also need to bring up my ph of 7.2?
If your pH is below 7.0, then yes, raise it to 7.2. If it's above 7.4, lower it a bit to 7.2. You won't test pH anymore once you start the SLAM.
At what FC level is it not safe to swim? Assuming I should wait to start this after holiday wk end?
It is safe to be in the water as long as you do not exceed the FC SLAM level for your current CYA. SO if you add stabilizer for a CYA of 30, then we know your FC SLAM level is 12. You can swim up to 12.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.