Triton II TR60 redo...

Jul 5, 2015
Abilene, TX
Folks:

So I'm sharing my story here to educate and also to seek wisdom. I replaced a DE filter that died last summer with a new TR60 sand filter. I added water before I added sand, but I did not visually inspect the laterals for breaks. It was brand new. There shouldn't be any problems, right? Wrong. After a summer of cloudy water and sand in my pool, I disassembled the filter, removed the sand and found a number of broken laterals also.

Im waiting on my zeolite sand to arrive, as well as 6 new laterals. I also intend to add a layer of clean gravel to the base of the filter in order to cover the laterals and deter filter media from entering the laterals.

Any tips or pearls of wisdom are appreciated as I move forward.

Also, I have no idea how to get sand up from the bottom of the pool without clogging the pump impeller, which I learned the hard way. Is it easier to drain the pool, clean the leaves and sand from the pool and start over, or is there a better way?

Thanks.

Learning as I go,

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.