Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Why are my spa lights changing colors so rapidly?

1. Back To Top    #1

Katy, TX

Why are my spa lights changing colors so rapidly?

Hi, I've got a light in my pool and one in my spa. I don't know the make, but can look. The problem is the spa light is very rapidly changing colors, at least once a second, it's almost like a strobe light.

Has anyone had this happen, any ideas what could cause that?

Thanks, Jeff
    Katy (Houston, TX) - 15,000 gallon In Ground free form kidney shaped 30'x15' pool with Pebble surface. Spa - 8' round with waterfall. Hayward Swimclear Cartridge filter (not sure which model though - maybe C3025?). Pleatco replacement cartridges x 4, 1.5HP Hayward Century Pump, Hayward Booster Pump (model 6060). Chlorine tab dispenser, which I won't be using. Polaris cleaner. TF-100.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Longview, Texas

Re: Why are my spa lights changing colors so rapidly?

Most LED colored lights have a "show", or different effects available. To go from one show to the next, the power is cycled off and back on.
    One of the shows is indeed similar to a strobe light. Maybe somehow the show has changed.
    Try turning the power off to teh spa light and then back on and see if anything changes.

I dont know any other reason why it would cycle so quickly.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge. Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Silicon Valley, CA

Is the light going off between colors? Or is it staying on and "blending" between colors. Blending is how it should function, if it is going off for an instant between colors, you may have a problem.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

4. Back To Top    #4

We had this happen on pentair 5g intellibrite lights. The engine/ led board started playing up, disco lights and all. It's been stuck on one color for a while now. Just about to replace the led board inside the light.