You didn't leave any room in your design for a Big Green Egg smoker?? Major oversight in my opinion :p

Of course, if you happen to own a stand alone smoker from Pitts & Spits (BBQ Pits Smokers Grills | Pitts), you could be forgiven ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

My first outdoor kitchen was standalone with no cover. My next one (currently in progress) is not. I would highly recommend putting it under some cover. The amount of dirt/dust/leaves you will get on the kitchen just from it being without any cover is stunning and will take away from your enjoyment. Doesn't have to be very elaborate, but if its in the budget I'd highly recommend it. How far away are you from the house kitchen? The further away you are the more storage/kitchen appliances you are going to want in your outdoor kitchen.

The design looks great - I'm going through the design/planning phase for our ODK right now as well. What type of lighting are you using to light up both the grill area and around the island? What equipment and drawers/storage accessories did you settle on? And what program did you use to design your image?

Hey Austin,

The four things I still really like about our BBQ island are;
1.) the additional storage drawers and access door on the backside of the island (see photos),
2.) the removal umbrella for shade on those hot & sunny days,
3.) the 120V light for cooking in the dark, and
4.) the built-in marine grade stereo with bluetooth.

We also used the "step" lights in our island & they work great.

Mark

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.