Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Outdoor Kitchen Design

1. Back To Top    #1

Outdoor Kitchen Design

A few months ago, I posted a drawing of an outdoor kitchen i designed, but after some refinements and adjustments, I've come out with this design that I think looks pretty good, but I just wanted everyone else's opinion on it. Thanks, Austin.
    14.5K gallon IG plaster pool, 1K gallon spa, dual 2hp Jandy pumps, 60 sqft DE filter, 400K BTU NG heater. Dual waterfalls, Jandy Aquapure SWG, Polaris cleaner with 3/4 HP pump, Aqualink RS. See my pool here.

Thanks!, Austin

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Outdoor Kitchen Design

You didn't leave any room in your design for a Big Green Egg smoker?? Major oversight in my opinion

Of course, if you happen to own a stand alone smoker from Pitts & Spits (BBQ Pits Smokers Grills | Pitts), you could be forgiven

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

My first outdoor kitchen was standalone with no cover. My next one (currently in progress) is not. I would highly recommend putting it under some cover. The amount of dirt/dust/leaves you will get on the kitchen just from it being without any cover is stunning and will take away from your enjoyment. Doesn't have to be very elaborate, but if its in the budget I'd highly recommend it. How far away are you from the house kitchen? The further away you are the more storage/kitchen appliances you are going to want in your outdoor kitchen.
    IG 16 x 50 Gunite. 3.5' - 9' depth 37,400 gallons 146LF perimeter and 863 square feet, 3 skimmers, 3 Pentair LED lights, 2 main drains, 6 pool returns, 1 vacuum line, 1 Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump, 7x7 Spa attached with 1 Pentair LED Light raised 15 inches and 6 HydroAir Jets, 2 HP blower, Pentair DE60 Filter, Pentair Intellitouch I-7 w/Wireless remote, Pentair SWG 400k BTU Heater, Glacier Chiller. My 2015-2016 build thread.

4. Back To Top    #4

The design looks great - I'm going through the design/planning phase for our ODK right now as well. What type of lighting are you using to light up both the grill area and around the island? What equipment and drawers/storage accessories did you settle on? And what program did you use to design your image?
    10,965 Gallons IG Aqua Pearl Finish pool, Pentair C&C RP 200 Sq Ft, Pentair Intelliflow VS Pump
    Opened 03/27/2015, TF-100 Test Kit, Spa, Double Flagstone Spillover, Pentair IC40 SWG, Pentair 125K Heat Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Are you putting your propane tank under the grill?
    10,965 Gallons IG Aqua Pearl Finish pool, Pentair C&C RP 200 Sq Ft, Pentair Intelliflow VS Pump
    Opened 03/27/2015, TF-100 Test Kit, Spa, Double Flagstone Spillover, Pentair IC40 SWG, Pentair 125K Heat Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by aeromitch37 View Post
    The design looks great - I'm going through the design/planning phase for our ODK right now as well. What type of lighting are you using to light up both the grill area and around the island? What equipment and drawers/storage accessories did you settle on? And what program did you use to design your image?
    For the lights, I'm going to use rectangle lights for step lights - just google in step lighting. I haven't zoned in on a particular grill and equipment, I just used generic drawings for the design. A great place to find equipment is bbqguys.com I used Sketchup to design the kitchen, which is free and easy to use and can find some great tutorials on YouTube about how to use it. And I will be putting the propane tank under the grill in those cabinets.
    14.5K gallon IG plaster pool, 1K gallon spa, dual 2hp Jandy pumps, 60 sqft DE filter, 400K BTU NG heater. Dual waterfalls, Jandy Aquapure SWG, Polaris cleaner with 3/4 HP pump, Aqualink RS. See my pool here.

Thanks!, Austin

7. Back To Top    #7

A good website for anyone looking for granite pictures is msistone.com as this is where I found my granite.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I used the Stone Wood Granite in my design.

Thanks!, Austin

8. Back To Top    #8

Hey Austin,

The four things I still really like about our BBQ island are;
    1.) the additional storage drawers and access door on the backside of the island (see photos),
    2.) the removal umbrella for shade on those hot & sunny days,
    3.) the 120V light for cooking in the dark, and
    4.) the built-in marine grade stereo with bluetooth.

We also used the "step" lights in our island & they work great.

Mark

9. Back To Top    #9

Since you're plumbing the water line and drain, I suggest an insinkerator
    COMPLETED BUILD THREAD - 15'x29' rectangular offset shotcrete pool; 14,100 gal; 5'x7' raised spa with 400k btu fire feature; 7' spillover; 25' leuder stone raised bond wall w/waterfall; Pentair SWG; Pentair VS (pool); Pentair 3/4hp feature pump; 1hp spa blower; Pentair Cartridge filter; Pentair “Easy Touch 8” wireless; Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot; Solar Hydronics iSwim solar panels; Mansard Screen Enclosure; walnut travertine deck; 1 very happy kiddo.