Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can't decide pebble tec Ocean Blue or Midnight blue

1. Back To Top    #1

Can't decide pebble tec Ocean Blue or Midnight blue

Our pool will be one of these 2 colors. Does anyone have pics of these and why they choose it. I don't want any green color. Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can't decide pebble tec Ocean Blue or Midnight blue

You should first decide if you want pebbletec or the smaller pebblesheen product. From what I can see Ocean Blue only comes in the minipebble pebblesheen product while the midnight blue is the larger pebble product.

A quick google image search shows the midnight blue looking a tad green in certain light.
    Gunite Pool/Spa, CLI Caribbean blue crystal stone smooth, Pentair 3hp Intellifo VS, Pentair Quad DE Filter, Pentair 400k BTU Heater, KK Prowler 820, Pentair PSL4 controler with Screenlogic wifi, Inline Chlorinator, Pentair 1.5hp Spa Blower, TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir. My 2016 Pool Build

3. Back To Top    #3

Good suggestion Brad.

Texture is extremely important, and getting that decision made first should be paramount.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

Can't help with the decision but my PB has pics of both on their website that might help. http://www.reberandco.com/
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Can't help with the decision but my PB has pics of both on their website that might help. http://www.reberandco.com/
    There are more than a few incredible pools featured there...Impressive!
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by bradj View Post
    You should first decide if you want pebbletec or the smaller pebblesheen product. From what I can see Ocean Blue only comes in the minipebble pebblesheen product while the midnight blue is the larger pebble product.

A quick google image search shows the midnight blue looking a tad green in certain light.
    My PB said I can get either color in the pebble sheen. I've only seen the ocean blue in person and not the midnight. I was wondering if anyone has a midnight blue pool experience? Some pics online look blue in each color and others green. So hard to tell.

7. Back To Top    #7

Here is an example of the color I am looking for.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

I have StoneScapes Midnight blue and in certain lights it does have a green tint. It isn't often that it looks that way but I don't care for the look when it does.
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

9. Back To Top    #9

There are quite a few factors that impact the perceived color of water in a pool. Clouds, trees, reflections, shadows, etc. Sometimes my water has a greenish hue to it depending on how the sunlight filters through the trees, we have lots of trees. Sometimes it is bluish if the sky is super blue and clear. Sometimes it has no hue at all and you just see straight to the bottom. But, one thing is certain, with TFPC my water is always crystal clear and looks great.

I wouldn't be too worried about the subtle differences between the colors that are in the same color family. If you like most of the pics you see of a particular color then you will be happy with it.
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

10. Back To Top    #10

For what its worth here is the exact color you posted a photo of

StoneScapes Touch of Glass Midnight Blue with JewelScapes Midnight Blue Glass Blend

Pool Finish:
    Custom Color

StoneScapes & JewelScapes Custom Glass Blend | National Pool Tile Group

Gunite Pool/Spa, CLI Caribbean blue crystal stone smooth, Pentair 3hp Intellifo VS, Pentair Quad DE Filter, Pentair 400k BTU Heater, KK Prowler 820, Pentair PSL4 controler with Screenlogic wifi, Inline Chlorinator, Pentair 1.5hp Spa Blower, TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir. My 2016 Pool Build

11. Back To Top    #11

I was just on Wetedge's website and noticed they have a water color guide that might be helpful.

Wet Edge | Water Color Guide

There is also a video about water color on this page
    Wet Edge | Learning Center
    TFP Moderator

12. Back To Top    #12

Thanks all very helpfull

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by bache1 View Post
    Here is an example of the color I am looking for.
    We have Midnight Blue. It looks exactly like this pic....no green at all!
    23' x 37' IG 18.5k gallon SWG w/ raised spa, Build Thread -->Here
    Wet Edge® Pearl Matrix®, Hayward® SwimClear™ 525 ft², Hayward® Goldline Controls® PS-8
    4x Hayward® TriStar™ pumps, Paramount PCC2000® ICS, TF-100 w/Speedstir