What else do you do for fun? Pics of the toys you have

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
all  of them1.jpg

Here is a picture of our toys. You can see my husband's freestyle ski on the front of the trailer with the two sit down skis behind it. The little bike is my baby. Small enough I can move it around easy but fast enough to beat most anyone!

I love to ride in our National Forest on the bikes then head out to the river with the skis! FUN times for sure!

Kim

My toys consist of a couple of guitars, Ferraris (Testarossa & 360 Modena and sailboat). Of course, family always trumps toys!

8d7881a409cf8419409b9366ce48b159.jpg
8680465ac4af6d5817b3ea663a4e20de.jpg
7facd5d5435bbbbae586fddb3f81cc79.jpg
7338327d1a7c2b53a00b2e5be564d68b.jpg

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

I feel a bromance coming on, Kim.

I visited Bill Marriott at his home here a few times and he said he didn't "own" any of the many, many Ferraris and historic cars in his three garages. He said he was merely a "caretaker" of the cars for future generations, which is EXACTLY how I feel. Lots of hard work and I always treated myself to a toy as compensation.

You only get one life. Live it to the max.

Thanks Kim. I'm a great player in my own mind. ;) Still young at heart. 360 Modena, while I don't know Derek personally, I have seen him with Ted on more than one occasion - most recently about a year ago here in Texas. They still got it. Nice to see him working with Brad Whitford was well - two incredible artists who probable never get enough credit. As for your "toys", I'm speechless as well. Very nice.

Tex - get a bad URL trying to access your YouTube post.

Derek stopped by one day and wanted to see my guitars, so he came into my man cave, restrung all three, signed them and then started playing Stranglehold for me (blew me away, sitting on my couch in a private concert) Derek is super nice and very talented. Splits his time between here and Memphis. Also plays in Paul Reed Smiths band when not touring with Ted Nugent.
Derek St. Holmes - YouTube

My supplies have been packed away for about 10yrs, but I'm getting them out, organizing them and setting up my art room.
I was an art major in HS. I had planned to pursue a degree in fine arts but life happened. I plan to resume my hobby soon.
Some of these are unfinished.

Oils, graphite, and colored pencil.
image_zpsyhckeeng.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsmy4vlw4a.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpszbsim3mr.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsuvhawwru.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks, Marla

- - - Updated - - -

Denise, you are incredibly gifted! Amazing artwork.

Thank you, that's incredibly kind of you to say.

- - - Updated - - -

I was actually thinking about selling my supplies so I could pay for the pretties on my pool, but I don't think I can bring myself to do it- even if they haven't been used for years. :)

Modena and Tex, I had started taking guitar lessons as a young teen. Didn't get far as my dad passed away shortly after I started. I've done a bit of singing in weddings and church solos, Christmas services, etc and still yearn to play the guitar. I have a huge appreciation for those who play. Maybe before I turn 60 in 10 yrs I can pick it up again.

- - - Updated - - -

Kim and Modena, my hubby would be drooling over your beautiful vroom-vrooms!!

nini, sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh The one showing the trail in the woods really spoke to me...........How big is it? The flowers..........so pretty! The people WOW!

nini, I will have to drive to your house to help you get those supplies back out! Someone with the talent you have should not have it put up and not used!

My "kids" laugh at me all of the time over my drawings. I tell them at least I tried!

Kim

Tex - get a bad URL trying to access your YouTube post.

Derek stopped by one day and wanted to see my guitars, so he came into my man cave, restrung all three, signed them and then started playing Stranglehold for me (blew me away, sitting on my couch in a private concert) Derek is super nice and very talented. Splits his time between here and Memphis. Also plays in Paul Reed Smiths band when not touring with Ted Nugent.

That's awesome. Here's my link again just in case: https://www.youtube.com/user/papafoxden. I got to meet Ted 3 times in person and have also seen him perform 3 times so far. Always great shows. Of course anyone who has followed Ted knows Derek's voice is just as much a part of that group as Ted's guitar licks. Even Derek's handiwork is prevalent throughout. Nice you get to sit and chat with him. I look forward to the next time he passes through the San Antonio area.

- - - Updated - - -

You sound fabulous!!
Thanks Nursenini! :)

nini, sighhhhhhhhhhhhhh The one showing the trail in the woods really spoke to me...........How big is it? The flowers..........so pretty! The people WOW!

nini, I will have to drive to your house to help you get those supplies back out! Someone with the talent you have should not have it put up and not used!

My "kids" laugh at me all of the time over my drawings. I tell them at least I tried!

Kim
Thank you

The woodsy painting is in oils, not finished and about 11"x8". It's been so long since I did it that I forget what else I was going to add....it was some detail on the path, I believe.

Great Thread KK!

I'll post something up when I find the right pictures. Let's keep this thread going and give it some legs. Great topic, and no doubt fun getting to know everyone like this. I had no Idea we had a Guitar Star aboard, and NEVER dreamed you were a Dirt Bike Super Cross Champion.....

...........WOW :shock: :jocolor:

I hope everyone on the forum joins in with some more cool Pics!!! :goodjob:

NO supercross here--------woods ONLY! Enduros and hare scrambles as well am MANY miles of just plain trail riding!

Funny story---------My first love on the bike is just amble along and see the woods. I was taking a break because I knew the trail and wanted to mess with the guys so I popped out to the road and went up to where I knew they would be coming along shortly. I wanted to be waiting on them like I had beat them so...........(yeah I am bad like that!). Well as I am sitting there in the middle of the woods up runs a small dog! He was SO happy to see me he was about to wag himself inside out! He had on a collar with tags BUT we do not carry phones AND I had to get him out somehow. I waited for the guys to catch up so I could tell them I was heading back to the trucks.

I loosened my flak jacket and stuffed the dog inside it! His little head and front paws were sticking out with his back paws riding on the seat in my lap! I thought the guys were going to bust a gut laughing at us but hey I had to get him out somehow! He seemed to have fun.

Once I got to the trucks I called the number on the tag. His "parents" had taken him for a walk in the woods the day before and he took off after a deer! They were still out looking for him when I called! They had only gone home for a couple of hours during the night before going back out to find him. I had to show them how he could ride a motorcycle!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.