Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just Getting Started

1. Back To Top    #1

Las Vegas, NV

Just Getting Started

I have read through threads here and then and have garnered a great deal of insight. I spoke briefly with Bulldogz 400 some months ago. With the info presented here and the encouragement of Bulldogz I have jumped on the idea of an Owner/Builder DIYish pool project. One thing I am having difficult with by simply doing internet searches is locating pool specific contractors (especially those willing to work with Owner/Builders). if there are Las Vegas members who have recommendations for contractors or lists of contractors they would be willing to share it would be immensely helpful as well as much appreciated. As I learn to use the site I promise to share with the community the progress of the project as well as the pictures of process. So that those who continue on the tradition of Owner/Builder may also be able to garner inspiration and courage to dive into this world!

2. Back To Top    #2

Houston tx

Re: Just Getting Started

Welcome to TFP! I know we have several members here from Las Vegas, a lot who did OB. You can do a search and probably find them. I know I've seen them in the Construction forum.

You might want to start a new thread over there with pics of your design and existing yard. We love pictures!
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

3. Back To Top    #3

Indeed, start a new thread and share your build. Others will jump in, and maybe you'll make some connections for Vegas. More and more OBs show up all the time, so who knows. Whatever the case, I'll wish you good luck on your new project, and enjoy your time on TFP!

TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    Hudson, WI

Welcome to the forum Hawk-i
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. May 20 - opened for summer
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit -
    Please help keep the lights on so we can be here for others, become a TFP Supporter!