Convert control module to plug-in

Poolk

Apr 22, 2015
Memphis
I would like to be able to store my salt water generator control module inside during the winter. It is a hard-wired, 110 model. Is is possible, and safe, to add a grounded plug so that it can simply be plugged into an outlet?

Is it hardwired to a circuit breaker or timer or is it hardwired to a power center/transformer? Just because the transformer is powered by 110v does not mean there is 110v going to the cell. If it is getting 110v then adding a plug and plugging it into a gfci outlet will work fine.

Is it hardwired to a circuit breaker or timer or is it hardwired to a power center/transformer? Just because the transformer is powered by 110v does not mean there is 110v going to the cell. If it is getting 110v then adding a plug and plugging it into a gfci outlet will work fine.

Well, it has never been installed. I am having a new pool put in and asked the pool folks if some kind of disconnect could be added. They suggested adding a plug and plugging into and outlet that would be added onto the timer. Does that make sense?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.