Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Not quite under construction anymore. Just a few things to finish off.

1. Back To Top    #1

Melbourne, Victoria. Australia

Not quite under construction anymore. Just a few things to finish off.

Hi everyone. Recently finished my 48000 litre fibreglass pool in Melbourne Australia. Here it is from start to finish.

Picked the location. This looks ok.

Time to start digging......

Shell has arrived. Time to get it in the ground.

Time for some plumbing and other equipment to go in .

My dear PB provided this crappy looking drain and mismatched covers. They even attached the drain to the pool with tech screws! Not happy. I'll fix these later.

It's not even finished yet and I've already got some unwanted guests........

Time to break out the bobcat to do some more landscaping and get the garden walls installed.

And get the shade sail posts in. (I really should have drilled & painted them *before* installation.....)

Garden walls done. Paving guy has started on the coping. I went with liquid limestone. (a poured limestone concrete)

Shade sail installed and the liquid limestone has been poured. It's a different color when first poured but sets to the same color as the copers.

Cutting the paving pattern in the poured limestone.

Getting the tiles sized and cut for the sun pod. I went with small glass mosaics. Probably pretty silly considering I have never done tiling before

Now for the fun stuff. Time to install the water slide!! It's an SR Smith Turbo Twister. It came with dynabolts but, as the limestone is pretty soft, I went with 316 stainless threaded rod and chemset with domed 316 stainless nuts.

Nearly done......

I had to fix those horrible mismatched covers. I ended up covering the bottom of poured limestone pavers in 3mm 316 stainless steel sheet and cutting a 7mm X 75mm slot to enable removal. I made a handle out of some 6mm 316 stainless rod. The plate, in addition to strengthening the paver, brought the total weight over 10.2kg which is the minimum required under the Australian Standards for non-locking skimmer box covers. The slot size also meets the Australian Standard ventilation requirements for skimmer box covers.

Here's the view at night:

So we decided to have some friends over for a poolside movie night. The blue LED lights in the garden wall and the floodlights are all powered by a 12V deep cycle battery that's charged via a solar panel on the kids play house. (the play house also has LED lighting and an LCD TV, but that was a whole other project......)

And here are a few other shots for good measure. (Excuse the mess. I haven't had a chance to clean up yet )

Fibreglass 48000 litre in-ground. Viron P320 EVO variable speed pump. EVO HEAT Force 18 heat pump. 32" Zodiac sand filter. Pool Controls Gemini 6+ Sanitizer & pH management system & SWG. Waterco auto water leveller. Paramount Vantage in-floor cleaning system. SR Smith 'Turbo Twister' water slide. Taylor K-2006 test kit.
    Build details at Not quite under construction anymore. Just a few things to finish off.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Not quite under construction anymore. Just a few things to finish off.

LOVE it all!

I noticed the kid's playhouses from the start! LUCKY kids! The solar panel on the roof is an awesome idea.

LOL at the "holding area" for all of the pool toys!

You did good on the tile! Nice touch!

The matching skimmer cover=wonderful job!

THANKS for sharing!

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Severna Park, MD

Very cool mate! I love the colours and setting. Simply brilliant

Sent by incredibly fast electrons

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Nice pool, looking good!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach