Question About Applying Chlorine

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

Either speed will work, you just want to have circulation so neither chemical can possible settle on the bottom and bleach/stain the surface ofthe pool. It is also a good idea to wait at least 30 minutes between additions of chlorine and muratic acid, meaning both should not be added at the same time.

Another FL person! SWEET!

Is your pool a plaster or vinyl?

What are you using to test with? If you are not testing on your own we can point your in the right direction. It will be easier and cheaper that a service or pool store testing.

Kim

Another FL person! SWEET!

Is your pool a plaster or vinyl?

What are you using to test with? If you are not testing on your own we can point your in the right direction. It will be easier and cheaper that a service or pool store testing.

Kim
Heck yeah nice to meet you :D. It's a plaster pool, I tested it with our water test kit but I think the kit is like three years old. It's a dye kit, not the paper strip one.

I tested it with our water test kit but I think the kit is like three years old. It's a dye kit, not the paper strip one.
Three years is getting on in age as test kits go. Add to the age the fact that there are severe limitations on your kit, especially the limitation of testing chlorine to 5ppm with imprecise accuracy.

We base our pool care system on accurate testing and only adding what the pool needs, when it needs it. To do that you need your own accurate test kit. Order a TF100.

How much Pool School have you read? Start with these to get a good idea on our methods:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

Tim has you covered with the best test there is. It uses all Taylor (gold star company) regents BUT it is set up to give you more of what you use on a daily bases. The best bang for the buck!

Most of what we use in our pools can be bought at Target or Walmart! How neat is that??????? Do not go out and buy any of this until you get your test kit and post your results here. You might not need some of it.

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

We would LOVE to see a pic of your pool!

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.