Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Intellichlor IC 40 - Dimensions

1. Back To Top    #1
    Kingwood Texas

Pentair Intellichlor IC 40 - Dimensions

I have searched online and on this forum but cannot find the answer to my question. I would like to self install a Pentair Intellichlor IC40 this spring but my piping may be a little tight. Everywhere I look the measurement states 17 inches but where is the measurement taken from? If each end allows for "seating" of PVC pipe of 3/4 to 1 inch is the needed spacing really something like 15 inches? My piping run is tight and I don't want to do a lot of rerouting if I do not have to. Thanks for anyone's help.
    40x15 IG, 19,000 gallons, Taylor K-2006C, Intellichlor IC40, Pentiar 1.5 hp Intelliflo VS, Pentair 420 Clean/Clear Filter, Speedstir, Stonescape - french grey, Travertine Paver decking, Completed August 1, 2015.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Pentair Intellichlor IC 40 - Dimensions

My IC40 is just under 16" from the end of one union to the end of the other union.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach