Swim Pure Plus only generates when first switched on

dravenone

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2009
Glendora, California
Hi all,

I have a Swim Pure Plus with a T Cell 15 going into it's seventh season. I've noticed it only seems to generate chlorine when it is first turned on, either via the timer or flipping the switch Off then to Auto. After it stops, if I switch to Super Chlorinate or turn to 100% it does nothing. All lights on the panel and display show normal operation (Power and generating light are on, no flashing no other lights on) and the cell was clean when checked two weeks ago. I'm wondering if I have the thermistor issue but my symptoms do not seem to be consistent with what I've read. Below are the operating and non operating numbers when scrolling through the display button. Taking the panel off the insides look very clean, fuse is fine and no bulging of any capacitors. The thermistor does not seem to be cracked or burned but I'm not exactly sure what to look for either. Any ideas???

Generating / Not Generating number
26.2 / 31.6
4.67 / 0.00
37p
-3000 / - 0
AL -0
r 1.40

Your cycle time is 120 minutes and your percentage is 37%, that gives you 44 minutes on and 76 minutes off. Then the cycle repeats. At 60 f, the output is scaled back to 20% of the percentage setting. Therefore, 0.20 x 0.37 x 120 = about 9 minutes on and 111 minutes off. then the cycle repeats. Your temperature is 58 f.

You can increase the percentage setting or switch to liquid chlorine until the water gets above 60 f. Below 60 f, the best you can do is set to 100 % and get 24 minutes of production per two hour period.

How long does it run before stopping production?

Thanks James,
I flipped the switch from Auto to Off then back to Auto and it produced chlorine for 24 minutes. I usually spot check the SWG by turning the knob to 100% waiting to hear the click, check for bubbles, then I turn it back to where I previously had it. What had me worried is that nothing happened when I tried it today. This winter has been colder than most we've had the past several years. So I'm wondering if this is just normal operation in colder weather?

Output stops at about 50 f and the display will say "Cold".

No need to turn to 100 % to see if it's working. When you first turn it on, it will produce for the number of minutes as determined by the percentage multiplied by 120.

Your numbers look good. The voltage and current look right. As long as the voltage and current are good and you're not getting any error lights, it should be good.

Also, check the salt level with a good test kit or conductivity meter and compare the result with your box.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.