[FINISHED] New Pool Build in Highland Village TX (Suburb of Dallas, TX)

Feb 2, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
Hello all,

So I lurked on this forum a long time. We started construction a week ago and are making fabulous progress. I thought that I would retroactively post up our story so far and then update as it continues.

We called and met with a few pool builders during the early fall. One thing we found out during the process is that some builders are too snobby to build a pool for less than 50K. Anyway we ended deciding on a plan and signing a contract October 31st. Here is the artist rendering

Brimage_Charissa_and_Kevin - 1.1_002 Colored Concrete.jpg

Brimage_Charissa_and_Kevin - 1.1_Colored Concrete.jpg

Primary Specs

Gallons: 10,965
Width 15 ft Length 28 ft
Depth profile: 3.5 / 5 / 4
Beach entry
18" by 16' water wall
Pump: Jandy E-pump
Filter: Jandy cartride filter
Aqualink w/ PDA
Zodiac Fusion salt kit
Polaris 380 with PB4-60 pump
5 returns
Oklahoma Flagstone coping
6" waterline tile
Bubbler in tanning deck
Colored salt texture decking 322 sq ft
Ecofinish Aquabright finish

Re: New Pool Build in Highland Village TX (Suburb of Dallas, TX)

Permits took about 2 1/2 months. Not what we had hoped for but also not unexpected.

Dig date schedule for Monday Jan 25th. I took off work to be there. Our yard needed just a little bit of grading to build up one side and the back to have a nice level area to work in.

Grading_zpsoctuwl3t.jpg

After that was done they measured out and spray painted the outline of the pool. It was pretty obvious that I would want to move it and the builder agreed. The decking on one side was going to come within 6 inches of a tree. We ended up pivoting the pool, moving it 6 feet away from the house and 4 feet towards the right (away from the tree) and resprayed the outline. We all agreed it would be a great change. After that they guys really got down to work. They fine tuned the outline and staked out the edges.

Staking_zpszzznozj0.jpg

They brought in the big excavator and man was that man good. I was really amazed at his precision in being able to dig out the curves and step pretty much complete with very little hand digging to sharpen up the edges.

Digging_zps0g534kfk.jpg

They finish up with some clean up of the dig and some framing for the rebar and plumbing guys.
Here is the result of day 1

Dug_zps1q1ct92i.jpg

Wow! That's pretty neat how they adjusted the location of the pool on the fly. Sounds like you have a great PB. Keep those pictures coming!

Day 2 and 3

Metal and Plumbing.
Guys showed up to start laying rebar and doing the plumbing. At the end of day 2, metal was all done and plumbing was maybe 75% done.

Plumbing%201_zps4106qley.jpg

Day 3.
Plumbing finish out rather quickly

Plumbing2_zpsmt5xqv1g.jpg

End of Day 3

- - - Updated - - -

Day 4 pass inspection

Day 5 is gunite day.

Gunite_zpsgurqm1rg.jpg

Dig day was Monday and gunite day was Friday. Moved much faster than I expected. It was also good timing as it allowed me the weekend to keep the shell moist.

Week 2

Monday is electrical day and tile/coping/rock. Electrical gets completely finished. Tile/coping/rock is 80% done
Tuesday Tile/Coping and Rock finish up

Elec%20Tile%201_zpsx90epf3b.jpg

Wednesday Feb 3

Some underground drainage is added and forms for the pool decks are set. They are also adding a small extension to our driveway that is also formed up.

Forms_zpsks90r5ch.jpg

Forgot to post pic of equipment pad earlier.

Equip_zpsq8lgvhjk.jpg

Deck is schedule to be poured on Friday. Is going to be salt pitted stained concrete.

Wow! That's pretty neat how they adjusted the location of the pool on the fly. Sounds like you have a great PB. Keep those pictures coming!

Yes Jamie, we are very happy with the PB to this point. One thing we were looking for was a value pool (if there is such a thing) and we feel like they have come through. Its all been a very pleasant experience so far. Only problem so far was I had to make an emergency trip home to let electrical in the garage to access the panel because they came earlier than planned. I guess thats the best kind of problem though, rather than no shows or late. I feel if the weather holds out its possible we could have a 3-4 week pool build.

Reactions: Theycallmesunny

love, love, love! It fits just right on your property! NICE on the shift to make it fit better!

It is a joy to watch someone do their job that is good at it like the digger! They are like an artist!

I can tell you have been reading for a while! Being there for the big things! Good job!

Do you have your test kit yet? You are going to need it soon!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Beautiful design! 3-4 week build!?! That's wonderful! Congratulations!

Well....not there yet. But I can certainly conceive of it if inspections, scheduling and weather keep occurring as they have been. If we pour decks tomorrow it will be 12 days from digs to decks. Main thing left besides punch list is plater/ecofinish and yard (regrade/topsoil/grass)

SWEET!

I bet your builder will say "Taylor 2005" as the test kit. That is an okay test kit BUT it is missing a major test in that it can only test FC to 5 ppm. IF it is this kit ask if you can upgrade to the Taylor 2006.

Let us know what he says.

Kim

So I found out the standard test kit that the builder issues. Its a "Poolmaster Premier Deluxe 5 way test kit". I'm guessing this will not get the job done from my readings here.

Kevin

All righty,

Decks are going in. Poured and smooth they have to wait a bit before they spread the salt. So they left, probably to get dinner and will be back later tonight to spread salt.

Deck1_zpsk2gt6koq.jpg

Deck2_zpsoqo4wd2c.jpg

Deck3_zpscblrmosu.jpg

They just got back, I hear them out there, gonna go check it out.

Kevin

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.