Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stonescapes Tropics Blue information, Please and HELP!

1. Back To Top    #1

Stonescapes Tropics Blue information, Please and HELP!

We are redoing our pool and have decided to go with the Stonescape product. We are trying a achieve a true blue water color with a 5ft pool that gets total sun during the day in Hot Dallas. Midnight Blue is just to dark for my liking BUT...we are looking strongly at Tropics Blue. I do not want any green! It this the correct choice or do you recommend another besides Tahoe Blue? What about Aqua Blue? To light?
    Can anyone send me a picture of their pool that has the Tropic Blue?
    Thanks!
    Woodp721
    15K gal. 12X80 plaster-stonescape aqua white, buff leuders coping, Verona Borba Turquoise w/Borba Turquoise Deco

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stonescapes Tropics Blue information, Please and HELP!

Here are three views of our 3.5 to 5 foot pool ( looking towards the shallow end) with tropics blue.

Right after filling:

Then a week or so later in the morning:

and in the afternoon:

No night shots, but at night time, with the LED light on it is whatever color the light shows and I see no evidence of the normal color.
    In Ground 17X29 90 ft perimeter; 3.5 to 5 depth; 15,000 gallons, Stonescapes Tropics Blue, Jandy stealth 1.5 HP 2 speed, Jandy 450 SQ cartridge, Jandy JXi 400K BTU NG, POLARIS 280 W/ HP booster pump, North Texas

3. Back To Top    #3

Perfect for that depth pool Tripool, very nice!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

4. Back To Top    #4

This is a modified tropics blue...I had my PB add 20% of Stonescapes jewelscape glass beads in place of the tri color mini pebbles that is a part of the tropics blue formula. The tri color pebbles (blue red green) are okay but replacing those with the tri color jewelscape glass beads (light blue, dark blue and clear) really added a lot more depth...also ask your PB to add extra abalone shells and to be sure he saves some of it to hand cast it at the finish trowel stage so it doesn't get as buried in the mix

For more on this, see

Anxiety Over...Replaster looks fabulous

Pool: 13k gal. in-ground; Stonescape Mini Pebble - Tropics Blue; Connected Spa - dual spill-over; Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG; AquaLogic PS-4 Automation; Sta-Rite DE Filter; Sta-Rite Max-e-Therm 400k BTU pool heater; Intellifo 2-VST Pump; Stenner 45mp2(25psi/10gpd) acid injection; Bulbwizard color LED pool lights; Poolvergnuegen 2 wheel side suction cleaner; FAFCO rooftop solar. TF-100 w/ speed stir.

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome wood. Have you decided on your finish?

And to the others... amazing pools. I love that blue! So refreshing.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimslaw View Post
    This is a modified tropics blue...I had my PB add 20% of Stonescapes jewelscape glass beads in place of the tri color mini pebbles that is a part of the tropics blue formula. The tri color pebbles (blue red green) are okay but replacing those with the tri color jewelscape glass beads (light blue, dark blue and clear) really added a lot more depth...also ask your PB to add extra abalone shells and to be sure he saves some of it to hand cast it at the finish trowel stage so it doesn't get as buried in the mix

For more on this, see

Anxiety Over...Replaster looks fabulous

Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for the idea and info!