Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing pool surface in North Dallas-What color and surface choices

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing pool surface in North Dallas-What color and surface choices

We are resurfacing our pool and deck. We were going to do the coping and tile as well, but the cost maybe prohibited at this time. My wife is looking for a deep Mediterranean blue type of color, Our pool is a 5 feet deep in center and slopes up on both sides one has a tanning deck and the other has steps. We also have a spa that spills into the pool. We have looked at various types of surfaces from Quartzscapes to Stonescapes mini pebble to pebble sheen. We would like a consistent color that does not look like specs on the tanning ledge. We have heard stories of Quartzscapes issues with inconsistent colors to the rougher feel of pebbles. We are looking for a smooth surface that pops deep blue when you look at it. Our backyard gets full sun during the summer. Pictures give so many varied results. We don't want to go as dark as a Midnight Blue or as light as an Aqua Blue. We want a rich blue with no aqua, black or red. We have seen pictures of what we want but no one can tell us the exact color or feel.

Thanks for any input and pictures.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replacing pool surface in North Dallas-What color and surface choices

Sounds to me like blue granite pebblesheen or a darkish gray plaster, maybe with marble dust. My PB has lots of pics of different color pebbletec pools in DFW that might help. Reber Pools
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Anyone had any experience with Gemstone Topaz Sparking Quartz? We are leaning that way at the moment for consistent blue color and smoothness on the feet.

4. Back To Top    #4

After researching over the winter, I've concluded that a quartz finish won't give you as uniform a finish, visually, as a pebble finish. We decided here that mottling would drive us crazy (two engineers, need I say more?), and we're paying for the upgrade. That said, many people like the aesthetics of their mottled finishes. Its the box of 64 crayola crayons, everyone likes what they like
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Sounds to me like blue granite pebblesheen or a darkish gray plaster, maybe with marble dust. My PB has lots of pics of different color pebbletec pools in DFW that might help. Reber Pools
    Blue granite is the one we picked
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir