Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to Pools and Under Construction in TX

1. Back To Top    #1

New to Pools and Under Construction in TX

Wow has TFP been a wealth of knowledge. So much my brain actually hurts. I thought I knew how I was going to take care of the pool until I read through the pool school and many of the forums. I guess BBB method it is. We are using "a company" after reviewing several local pool companies friends have used. We settled on the one that took our drawings and put them into this vision.
    stansel1 [10988].jpgstansel3.jpg

Golden Tumbled Travertine Coping, Travertine water line tile, Moss rock accents and trickle falls to give it a central Texas feel.
    IGNORE the palm trees. Not a fan of palm trees no offense to those that do.

Stone work is beginning, yard is a mess and family is getting excited and impatient.
    I'll post some picks after Stone work is done. Below is from a week ago after gunite.
    Gunite1.jpg

I know it will take me a bit to get into a routine but I was wondering about how often and much liquid chlorine folks use for a 20k gallon pool that has heavy usage, lots of sun in Texas. Trying to figure what financial impact will be. Any places in Houston Area to purchase good quality liquid chlorine at a great price? Nice thing I do have going is the cost of water which will only cost $70 to fill the entire pool.

Look forward to more reading and joining in the forums.

- TxPoolRanger
    Last edited by kimkats; 02-02-2016 at 06:45 AM. Reason: remove comany name
    33' x 21' + SPA, Approx. 20k Gallon, Gunite, Freeform, Natural Rock Features, PebbleTec Tahoe Blue Plaster;
    Hayward SwimClear 425, 400k heater, EcoStar Variable Pump, 1.5h Booster Pump, Polaris 280 Cleaner, Autofill;

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to Pools and Under Construction in TX

Welcome and looks like a really nice pool in the making

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool! Looks great!

Most pools use 2-4ppm of chlorine per day. Use PoolMath to calculate how many ounces of bleach, at 8.25% chlorine, or liquid chlorine, at 10% chlorine, it will take to add 4ppm of FC to your pool. Then you can do the math.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

That is a VERY nice looking pool! Have you been "bonding" with it? aka watering it!

Do you have a good test kit yet? You need to go ahead and order as as you are SO close to being done! Look in my siggy for the one we use and love.

I am also going to give you a link. Just know your PB holds the warranty card so what he says goes!

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Watered it 4 times a day for 7 days temp was been great below 65. Have not obtained a test kit yet but have some in my Amazon cart. I'm trying to decide Taylor or Lamotte.
    33' x 21' + SPA, Approx. 20k Gallon, Gunite, Freeform, Natural Rock Features, PebbleTec Tahoe Blue Plaster;
    Hayward SwimClear 425, 400k heater, EcoStar Variable Pump, 1.5h Booster Pump, Polaris 280 Cleaner, Autofill;