Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacement Spa Drain Covers

1. Back To Top    #1

Katy, TX

Replacement Spa Drain Covers

I have a spa drain cover that broke and I am trying to replace both of the covers. I am having trouble finding a replacement that will fit the existing opening. The diameter of the cover is 7 5/8in the screw holes are 7in apart.

I am attaching a few pics of the spa, and the cover which has a part number from American products which was bought by Pentair it looks like.

I would appreciate any help someone may be able to provide with a retrofit part suggestion.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Replacement Spa Drain Covers

I think you are going to have a hard time finding one of those.. the covers now have to be an Anti-Entrapment Cover like this...

AquaStar Low Profile Anti-Entrapment 8 inch Suction Outlet Cover with Vented Mud Frame, White
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Sacramento, CA

Re: Replacement Spa Drain Covers

If you are good you can get these at an on line pool store. Most of the VGB anti entrapment replacement covers come with kits tor retrofit. You just have to figure out which one woks for your pool.

A better solution is a pool store road trip. Spend a Saturday morning visiting pool stores with your cover and a diagram of your drain. See what they recommend and how the retrofit covers work for each one. It takes more time but its hands on and you can see what they look like out of the box.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Heliocol solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall