Switch from Hayward to Pentair?

Quick update - my Pentair was installed and so far so good. Has plenty of flow and is pulling similar power at the same RPM as the Ecostar it replaced (which I expected). The Pentair is rated as 1.5hp nominal with a peak of 2.2hp.

Love the simple menu system for setting up timers and it is super quiet. 5 year warranty (3 from Pentair and 2 additional from Leslies) certainly helps. After watching him install the pump it would have been quite easy for me to do it but I didnt have anyone to write me up a receipt for the warranty. For $99 it was worth it.

5 year warranty vs 90 days, definitely worth $99. Add in the fact that, if you do have an issue you can just call Leslies vs having to call Pentair directly and it's a real bargain.

Now you just need to update the pool info in your signature........

I have a Pentair VSP and I run it at very low speed for 24 hours a day and it only consumes about 200 watts of power at 1200 rpm. The skimmers and the SWG both perform perfectly, and my water remains crystal clear year round.
I've got the 3 hp Intelliflo 011018 and at 1000 rpm it only uses 100 watts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.