Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aerator

1. Back To Top    #1

Orinda, California

Here is a picture of my Aerator. I think it is okay. Read a post from 2008 ish which gave instructions on how to build as I don't have a waterfall, etc.
    I drilled four holes in the cap. My question is should water be coming out from this? I was thinking it would just be air.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    28,000 gallon IG pool, plaster, built approx. 1970.
    1 1/2 " plumbing. Pentair, Intelliflo 3 hp variable speed.
    Crystal Water cartridge filter system, model #425
    Dolphin Deluxe 4,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aerator

Aeration is just about increasing the air to water contact area. You just want to spray water up above the surface of the pool to increase that contact area. It can be a fountain, waterfall, spill over or just turning the return eyeballs so that the return water breaks the surface, anything that increases that contact area will increase aeration.
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS (3 hp) 011018, Super II 2hp (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Aerator

Yes, that is how it should work, shooting water from the pool return into the air. Looks good!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach