water temp reading on Blue Essence SWC is wrong...system shows "cold"

Jan 31, 2016
Boca Raton/Fl
Hi there - an interesting problem has begun with my Blue Essence SWC system. I recently noticed the display reading "cold" and the system won't generate. The system is set to the T-5 cell setting and operates on about a 15,000 gallon rectangular pool with attached spa. My water temp reading on my heater is about 74 degrees (I live in Florida), and i noticed the readout on the Blue essence jumps around and ends up as high as 103 degrees. My guess is that the temperature node on the inside of the cell is not working? I had my cell tested at the local pool supply shop and it checked out OK. Was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem and knows a way to troubleshoot without replacing the entire cell.

Thanks,

Jon

Welcome to TFP!

Yes, SWGs do not operate correctly in colder water, usually below 60f. They will give low temp errors and false low salt errors. Mine starts acting weird below 70. I usually turn it off when it drops below 70ish and switch to bleach.

Extend AquaRite T-Cell Cable

The above thread shows the wires that are inside the cord. The red and blue go to the thermistor.

The cell contains a 10 k thermistor. Two of the connectors in the plug go to the thermistor. I'm not sure which two. I will try to find out. If we can determine the two points, you can check the resistance and see if the ohms match the temperature on the 10 k thermistor chart.

Try unplugging and reinstalling the plug.

Can you post all of the diagnostics?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.