Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: return part

1. Back To Top    #1

return part

Hello All - not sure where to post my question. I'm trying to aerate my pool, just raise PH. I'd like to input PVC pipe in my return thread. My problem is I can't twist off a unnecessary part as I think it is glued. I believe I have a 1.5" or 2.0" female thread that screws into a return. I will post a pic and hopefully the forum will steer me in the right direction where I can purchase. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TJTJ; 01-31-2016 at 11:44 AM. Reason: add 2 pics
    28,000 gallon IG pool, plaster, built approx. 1970.
    1 1/2 " plumbing. Pentair, Intelliflo 3 hp variable speed.
    Crystal Water cartridge filter system, model #425
    Dolphin Deluxe 4,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: return part

adding two more pics
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dolphin Deluxe 4,

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi,
    those are just bushings / adapters to reduce the pipe size. There is nothing special about them. They are regular PVC and you should be able to find them at big box store, plumbing supplies or anywhere else with a larget selection of PVC pipe and fittings.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Divin Dave - thanks. You think I could take to part to Home Depot and get part? better HD than pool store. Thanks
    Dolphin Deluxe 4,

5. Back To Top    #5

Its a couple different parts that will have to fit together and yeah, if you take it with you, Im sure you can get what you need. I dont know about your HD, but mine doesnt have a very good selection of PVC fittings. Lowes is better for this type of thing IMO.

I seriously doubt the pool store would be of any help at all on this.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

6. Back To Top    #6

I discovered that I could friction-fit PVC into the return eyeballs on my pool. Now I can get creative with elbows and tees and 45's to direct the flow better.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!