Salt Conversion Update

Aug 19, 2015
Maine
Back in September I installed the chlormaker IL in my hot tub. Prior to this I was using dichlor. The rhetorical problem had always been when we travel we would get home to a disaster or after multiple days of heavy use it would turn into a frog pond.

With the help of ChemGeek and a taylor test kit, it took a couple days of getting the chemistry correct. Since then, all I have done is add water (after the kids do cannon balls) and muriatic acid to lower pH. The first big test was thanksgiving. We were gone for a week and I left the tub @103F. For the first time, we came home to a crystal clear tub. The second big test was a two week vacation the beginning of January. Again, the tub was left @103F and after 12 hours of air travel, it was great to be able to open the cover and use it...

Can honestly say this unit has made the tub enjoyable again.

They do..... The roll in the snow, climb on the edge and jump..... Before leaving on vaca a few weeks ago, it was also the place where we taught them how to snorkel....

The TFP method is priceless.... My wife just shakes her head at the amount of time I spend using the speed stir!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.