Bought used Zodiac MX8

Jan 31, 2016
windsor
I found a great deal on a barely used MX8 online. Had my brother pick it up because it was out of town and he was driving through that area. After getting it back I checked the online user manual and noticed a couple of parts missing and was wondering how vital they are. After calling the guy he said he used it with exactly what he gave me for his pool setup with no issues. For anyone familiar with the mx8 the parts that are missing are the flowkeeper valve (part 2 on the diagram in the manual), the valve cuff (part 3), the flow guage (part 5), and the 45 degree elbow (part 8). From what I understand the flowkeeper valve and the flow guage are used to regulate the water flow and to make sure there isn't too much pressure or too little pressure sent to the unit in order for optimal performance. after speaking with the guy he said this unit has a new regulator valve attached directly to the unit which alleviates the need for the other two. Anyone with any experience with this have any idea? I'm just wondering if I'm going to be looking at picking up some new parts before the pool season starts so i'm ready to go.
Thanks, Sean

the flow keeper valve is used to auto regulate the flow thru the cleaner otherwise running it too hard will wear the gears and cogs out. To check the speed you can do a wheel rpm check and it should do 20 - 25 revs in 10 seconds. if more slow the flow down, if less speed the flow up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.