31 x 17'
    7' spa
    All Pentair Equipment
    3HP VS Pump
    CLI Caribbean Blue Mini Pebble
    Travertine Torreon Stone Coping
    Travertine Torreon Split Face Wall 2" x 4"
    Glass Pool Tiles

Was a bit of a rocky start with Pool Builder.. Took 2 weeks to complete excavation but they are rolling pretty good now. Started Project on 1/11 and gunite finished on 1/29.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Austin Tx

That is looking great! I'm glad things have smoothed out after the rocky start. From the pictures, you'd never know you had a rough beginning. Keep us posted!
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JamieP View Post
    That is looking great! I'm glad things have smoothed out after the rocky start. From the pictures, you'd never know you had a rough beginning. Keep us posted!
    It was mostly due to me being a tad anal and the superintendents lacking communication. They were trying a new excavation process and the excavators screwed up a few times, disappeared for a few days with no explanation. I also got a bit annoyed with the method of bringing dirt to the dump truck out front. I think they should have used a bobcat to move the dirt, instead they used the backhoe which created some killer ruts and destroyed a larger portion of my sprinkler than I expected.

4. Back To Top    #4

Ooh... That would annoy me too. Did they do the whole job without a bobcat or did they change once you complained? They were probably just trying to save money from not having to rent one. Sorry about the extra damage. That's a drag.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP. If you haven't done so already, please consider ordering your TF-100 so that it's here when you start filling-up your new oasis. You'll surely want that test kit for chemical accuracy. Let us know if you have any questions as time goes on. Have a great day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    Welcome to TFP. If you haven't done so already, please consider ordering your TF-100 so that it's here when you start filling-up your new oasis. You'll surely want that test kit for chemical accuracy. Let us know if you have any questions as time goes on. Have a great day.
    I was starting to read about the test kits and testing process last night. I wasn't sure which one to pick as a couple looks pretty similar. TF-100 it is! Thanks

7. Back To Top    #7

The Taylor K-2006 is very nice as well, but you'll get more Taylor reagents with the TF-100. You might also wish to include the Speed Stir in your order. Mix like a pro. Makes things MUCH easier.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    The Taylor K-2006 is very nice as well, but you'll get more Taylor reagents with the TF-100. You might also wish to include the Speed Stir in your order. Mix like a pro. Makes things MUCH easier.
    Thanks ordered the TF-100, XL kit & speed stir!

9. Back To Top    #9

You are off to a great start now! Love the design! Great job on the test kit. You are going to love it and will NEVER get pool stored!

Fill us in on your equipment picks in your siggy please (settings upper right corner, edit signature left hand side). That will help us help you.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Were you expecting to have such nice soil for the Austin area? Or were you just lucky? Most shown here look like quarries when the dig is complete.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreswim View Post
    Were you expecting to have such nice soil for the Austin area? Or were you just lucky? Most shown here look like quarries when the dig is complete.
    They were 100% expecting solid limestone. My neighborhood borders a limestone quarry and I had a couple large limestone boulders left in my backyard when the house was built. There was virtually no large stone in the dig, at least nothing that couldn't be scooped up with the excavator. The only chiseling was done with a hand power tools for the fine work around the edges before steel started.

12. Back To Top    #12

signature test

Here is a link to the pool design video: Denali Pools Central Texas New Pool Design J. Family - YouTube
    Gunite Pool/Spa, CLI Caribbean blue crystal stone smooth, Pentair 3hp Intellifo VS, Pentair Quad DE Filter, Pentair 400k BTU Heater, KK Prowler 820, Pentair PSL4 controler with Screenlogic wifi, Inline Chlorinator, Pentair 1.5hp Spa Blower, TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir. My 2016 Pool Build

13. Back To Top    #13

Your siggy is there and looks good. Add the test kit and you will be good.

That is a neat video! I love how the fire looks like it is really burning!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

14. Back To Top    #14

Pool is moving along, a bit of electrical work as well as the stone & tile process has started.

Most of the material was delivered and started yesterday. All stone will be Travertine Torreon, tumbled finished for pool coping honed on hot tub coping. 3"x6" Travertine Torreon split face for the weeping wall and hot tub exterior and we are using 1" x 2" glass tiles along the waterline. We are debating not putting any tile markers or tile lines in the steps, baja ledge or hot tub seat, thoughts?

We also approved a change order to increase the small patio off of the deep end. That area gets nearly 100% sun during the day so I thought it should be able to hold two lounge chairs without overhanging into the pool or back edge. We also needed a small block wall since the new decking was partially below yard grade. I decided to have the builder turn it into an ~8ft bench matching stone materials of the house & pool coping as a cap for seating.

Gunite Pool/Spa, CLI Caribbean blue crystal stone smooth, Pentair 3hp Intellifo VS, Pentair Quad DE Filter, Pentair 400k BTU Heater, KK Prowler 820, Pentair PSL4 controler with Screenlogic wifi, Inline Chlorinator, Pentair 1.5hp Spa Blower, TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir. My 2016 Pool Build

15. Back To Top    #15

Nice tile! Good progress! I like the patio change you made. I bet it will get lots of use!

Kim

16. Back To Top    #16

What's the name/brand of your tile? Looks great!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    What's the name/brand of your tile? Looks great!
    It was picked from the Mastertile catalog: Aim Glass Series - GC82348K1

18. Back To Top    #18

You are making great progress considering you started less than a month ago and had a 2 week excavation. You will enjoy the long pool season we have here in Austin!
    43 x 19 Gunite Pool w/ spa and fire pit, 19,000 gallons, Pebble Sheen Aqua Blue finish, Jandy 2 HP VS E-pump, Jandy 580 sq ft Cartridge Filter, Jandy LXI 400k Heater, Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG, 4 Jandy LED color lights, Aqualink PDA and Iaqualink, Polaris 280 with Booster Pump. Polaris 9550 Robot Cleaner. 1 HP Silencer Air Blower for Spa http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...NAL-INSPECTION

19. Back To Top    #19

More coping work.. and a bit of wall facing going up.

Also the spa coping showed up today. 12" x 18" double bullnose travertine torreon.

20. Back To Top    #20

Pretty! I love the color of the travertine and how it compliments the natural stone.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast