Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What's up From DFW

1. Back To Top    #1

What's up From DFW

This is a great forum, I wish I would have found it sooner in my build process. We are first time pool builders and the whole process can be a little intimidating and stressful. My wife says its easier to buy a house than to build a pool. But with the information we have found here it has made a much more informed and pleasant process.

We are building a small in-ground pool with a reputable PB in our area family owned been around for about 25 years; expensive but we thought it was worth the piece of mind especially since it was our first build. We went with the inground A&A max system, which now that i am on this forum, I know a lot are not a big fans off. We went with basically all Jandy/Zodiac pool filter/pump products. Pool size is 35'x16' at the step in most of the pool is 14' wide. Water features went with a sheer decent with 3 spill ways and a rain wall feature coming of an arbor into the pool.

I plan to spend a lot of time on here and getting to know you guys better. Thank in advance for all the anticipated assistance.
    Sam

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What's up From DFW

Welcome to TFP Toss out any questions you have and folks here will do their best to answer them. We love to see pics of pools being installed <hint hint!>

Yippee
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP! Glad to have you with us.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Welcome to TFP Toss out any questions you have and folks here will do their best to answer them. We love to see pics of pools being installed <hint hint!>

Yippee
    Thanks, I have posted some picks and time lapse video under construction.

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!

If you want to go ahead and add your pool info to your sig there is more info here, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

And this is the place to start reading about maintaining your water, Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Just wanted to welcome you and your wife to TFP!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

Whats up, thanks!

18k gal, IG Blue Granite Pebble Sheen, Jandy CL460, 2 Variable Speed Pump Jandy-VSPHP270AUT, pool build 1/25/16, A&A In-floor cleaning system, Sanitizer-Nature II-Fusion-Cartridge, Sanitizer-Ozone-Dell-MDV-VSpd., A&A-QuickSkim-Venturi-Skimmer, A&A-LeafVac-Debris-Cannister, Rain-Fall-6ft-White-Custom-Cascade