Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Balboa 700 Series - can't get past priming, jets won't come on

1. Back To Top    #1

Balboa 700 Series - can't get past priming, jets won't come on

Hi all, I have an older Blue Ridge Spa with a newer Balboa control system we put in about 7 years ago. This year when I went to start it up, I follow the priming sequence as I've done every year to get the air out, etc. But this year, even thought I've primed it over and over, when it exits priming, the jets will not turn on. Sometimes i get that error (I think SL) which corresponds to my "sensors being out of balance". Any thoughts on how to remedy this? In past years, it's taken a few times to prime, but it's always come out of that mode and the jets have then come on. Before I call a costly repair person, hoping someone here may have some advice....I'm stuck. Thanks!
    14,000 gallon IG DiamondBrite pool with 2 ea. waterfalls and slide, Hayward Tristar 2.0 HP 2-speed pump, Hayward 3/4 HP waterfeature booster pump, Hayward 48sf DE filter, Hayward PS4 wireless controller, 1 skimmer and 4 returns, Polaris 280 pressure cleaner w/booster pump, 7 x 7 spa w/6 jets, TF-100 Test Kit w/speed stir

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Balboa 700 Series - can't get past priming, jets won't come on

I am not familiar with that specific tub but problems like this are usually caused by air in the plumbing lines. Sometimes people are successful opening some plumbing unions inside the service panel to bleed the air. Other times the tub has to be drained and refilled through the filter housing to avoid getting air trapped in the plumbing.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach