Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Beware: Brand-new Bogus Boxes of Borax

1. Back To Top    #1

Thumbs up Beware: Brand-new Bogus Boxes of Borax

Just hit Wally-World for some Borax. I found that everything on the shelf had shrunk from 76 ounces to 65 ounces. Remainder of box is identical.....

JPEG-0738.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Beware: Brand-new Bogus Boxes of Borax

Oh great, now I have to recalculate how many boxes I need for a refill on the pool.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, me too.....

4. Back To Top    #4

I saw that a couple of weeks ago. Did you notice that the price was the same. 14% price increase. Sneaky.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

I HATE when they do that! I would rather paying more instead of getting less! gurrr

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

I think most people would not notice the change in quantity. I only notice since there still was one of the old larger sized boxes on the shelf when I bought some recently.
    In ground, 14,000 gallon, white plaster, unheated, stone waterfall, DE Filter, Rainbow 320 Cl, Polaris 3900, FloVis flow meter, F100 test kit, Circupool RJ30+ SWG, Circupool VJ1/Speck Badu EcoM3V variable speed pump.