Polaris Robot

shulk

Nov 5, 2015
Spring/Texas
Hi there,

I have a Polaris robot and has been working without any issues. When the pump is running the robot works as expected with no problems but when the pump is off there's still water coming out the return pipe (even though it doesn't have enough preassure to move it). This started happening in the last couple of weeks and I'm puzzled. Now to clean the bag I have to disconnect it even when the pump off otherwise I'll get all soaked.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

That is normal. The pressure cleaner line is normally tied in with the pool return plumbing. I usually set the cleaner on the pool coping aiming toward the pool with the sweep hose in the pool. Or you could turn off the pump. BTW, it is not a robot it is a pool sweep or a pool cleaner. A robot is a self contained pool cleaner with motor onboard that plugs into a 110v outlet.

More info here on adding your pool info to your signature for quick reference later. It will help us answer your questions. Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Thanks a million (and sorry about the robot thingy). What had me confused is that before I was able to simply pull the cleaner out and set it on the ground to empty the little bag. The other day I attempted to do that and got all soaked before going to work. But now that you mention the return plumbing, I believe that before only the spa return was being used, whereas now is flowing through the spa and pool plumbing.

Thanks again and I promiose I'll update my signature shortly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.