Best way to fix a few cracked intex polls

Status
Not open for further replies.

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
How would you fix these polls so they will 'hold up' throughout the rest of the winter and all summer. My idea was to use gorilla tape and just tape them. Would you think duct tape would work better? Thoughts? Thanks guys. The first pic is looking under the poll and the second pic is looking straight ahead at the poll.

Attachments

• Pool 3.jpg
    Pool 3.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Pool 4.jpg
    Pool 4.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 100
You will need to drain it. You can find the polls pretty cheap on Amazon too. I notice you have a saltwater generator. This has been my worry about getting one as too many people that have one says it causes the polls to rust. Sorry about this happening.

I need the pool to make it through this summer, then I will be getting a real above ground next summer. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do. Maybe replace with some PVC piping? I don't want to replace the polls. They are like $9 each and I need probably 10 replaced. With tax its like $100

Those very rusty poles are all that is holding your pool up. That photo on the left shows the underside of the pole is gone. There is nothing for that button to snap onto, which is what holds those poles together. When you get kids in there splashing around the pool will move and flex, that is what it is designed to do. Without the latching mechanism intact the poles will separate. Since you have 10 poles in roughly the same shape it is very likely the pool will collapse. Each gallon of water weighs about 8lbs. At 3500 gallons that is 28000lbs of water that will come rushing out. The weight of the water is also why using pvc won't work. Your best bet would be to watch for ads on sites like Craig's List and try to find replacement parts from someone selling the same size pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.