I'm trying to determine my needs (wants) for automation. Currently set up for all Hayward equipment, but I understand the concept is the same regardless of brand.
What's confusing is how many actuators I'll be utilizing. I know that anything that requires power will potentially need a relay.
- two 2speed pumps (2 relays each pump)
- Spa blower (1 relay?)
- LED interior transformer (1 relay)
- Fiberoptic lighting (1 relay, maybe combine with LED transformer)
- Waterbowls x 2 actuators (1 or 2 relays?)
- Spa fountain (?)
- Spillway (?)
- Bubbler (?)
- Solar and Gas heaters
- Landscape lighting transformer (1 relay)
- SWCG (?)
- In floor Cleaner, does each zone need an actuator?
Planned on using the AquaPlus, but I think I may need more than 8 relays. The Omni looks promising, allows for expanding.
Thoughts? Does each actuator need a relay? I'm not sure which valves require actuators.