Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: decided to do a pool cover and

1. Back To Top    #1

decided to do a pool cover and

was wondering who out there has the kind that aren't built in with the pool. We had one company come out and they drill holes and custom fit the cover. Air and water can go through it but it will keep leaves and stuff out. Another company is coming out Saturday to give us a bid.

Do any of you have those types with hooks in the concrete and if so, does it work? Is it hard to roll up?

I've given up. Our neighbors' trees are killing us.
    19k SW IG
    Wet Edge pebble tech = new 5/16 (replaster)
    Hayward variable speed pump (new 6/17) /Shark for cleaning
    New - filled 10/18/14 - TFP 100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: decided to do a pool cover and

I think they are suggesting more of a permanent cover or winter cover. These are great and serve a good purpose, but definitely not something you want to move around more than a few times a year. Are you looking to keep leaves out between swims or when/if you "shut down" for the winter? There are simple mesh leaf pool covers that are much lighter and easier to use, see link below. It is shown with a winter cover but that isn't required.

Leaf Net Cover for a 12' x 24' Rectangle Swimming Pool - PoolSupplies.com
    16' x 32' (21100 gal), vinyl, 1.5 hp Hayward SuperPump,
    Tagelus TA60/60D Sand Filter, Raypak 399K Digital Heater, TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

You could go with a cheap bubble cover that is much lighter than a standard winter cover and then use mas985's DIY Solar Cover Roller for "easy" on/off. Just a thought.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

Katchakid has a product where they drill in so it's flat - nothing to hit your feet on, they custom make it and it's mesh. Keeps the leaves and debris out and it rolls up for storage. I want to put it on all winter. The amount of maintenance I have to do due to our neighbors' trees is ridiculous!
    19k SW IG
    Wet Edge pebble tech = new 5/16 (replaster)
    Hayward variable speed pump (new 6/17) /Shark for cleaning
    New - filled 10/18/14 - TFP 100 test kit